T-Window for Excel - Fatal Error/ Unable to Continue
Thread poster: Yichen Han
Yichen Han
Yichen Han
Local time: 08:27
English to Chinese
Apr 30, 2004

I just bought Trados 6.5 FL, and wanted to use T-Window for Excel. When I clicked on T-Window application, my Excel opened and returned me an [Fatal Error: Unable to Continue] message. Could anyone help? My German is not good enough to get the full help from the previous same topic. Thanks a bunch!!
PS. I translate from English to TChinese, if this info helps anything for troubleshooting.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:27
English to German
+ ...
Any specific reason why you cannot use TagEditor? Apr 30, 2004

Hi,
I just bought Trados 6.5 FL, and wanted to use T-Window for Excel.

Are you aware that in T6.5 you can use TagEditor to translate Excel and Powerpoint files? Much easier to use than the respective T-Windows.

Just one thing to bear in mind: since TagEditor needs to convert all Excel-specific information to its own XML format, opening the file in TE for the first time usually takes several minutes. This is normal behaviour.

Just to be on the safe side: did you register the T6.5 applications in your system after installing the software?

Best regards, Ralf

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
A propos TagEditor and Excel... May 15, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Are you aware that in T6.5 you can use TagEditor to translate Excel and Powerpoint files? Much easier to use than the respective T-Windows.

Hi Ralf,
Thanks for the info, I just have to do my first job with Excel and Trados, and TagEditor is quite esay to use for it, indeed. I just have one little question : my client wants me to send him the "uncleaned" file. Is this the xml file generated and saved as a bilingual file, or is there another xls "uncleaned" file ?
Thanks for your reply and have a nice week-end!
Sylvain

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TTX file May 15, 2004

Hi Sylvain,

I just have one little question : my client wants me to send him the "uncleaned" file. Is this the xml file generated and saved as a bilingual file, or is there another xls "uncleaned" file ?

Spot on: it's the TTX file (which is Trados' proprietary XML format).

HTH, Ralf

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Vielen Dank! May 15, 2004

Thank you Ralf for the prompt reply. Und ein schönes Wochenende!
Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Window for Excel - Fatal Error/ Unable to Continue

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »