Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 20:15
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
May 2, 2004

Hi again,

As you can tell, I am new to trados. I was happily translating along when suddenly an error message appeared, saying 33353 End of paragraph not found. The source and target segments looked like this:

Dear #UserName#,

Thank you for you request.

Bästa/bäste #UserName#,

Tack för din ansökan.

What is wrong and what can I do. I cannot close the segment and go on or anything. Help!

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Error Number: 33353 May 2, 2004

Maybe this will solve your problem:

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=311

The Trados support site above would be useful to you I think. Just type in the error code in the search facility.

M

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:15
English to German
+ ...
Manual break? May 2, 2004

Hi Terese,
This error can occur if the segment you're translating is immediately followed by a manual break (page break, section break, etc.). Restore the source segment and manually enter a paragraph end (return) before that break.

HTH, Ralf

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 22:15
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Agree with Ralf May 2, 2004

This happened to me recently where I cam across this at the bottom of every page (an 86-page doc!) just get out of your segment, put a hard return at the end of it, and re-enter. It will find the "end of the paragraph" which is in fact just a hard return.
Nancy

Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 20:15
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! May 2, 2004

Thanks a lot for the useful replies and the link to the support page. Super!

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:15
English to Swedish
+ ...
I have the same problem! Jun 8, 2004

I have tried the Trados support page in this topic, but it does not seem to apply as I can't even open my document in Trados (5.5) and Word 2000.

I get the end of paragraph not found - but I can't see that any is missing?

I had someone checking my document with Track changes - and it has probably ruined it - is there any way out of this or will I have to put in (a lot of )changes manually in a new document?

Anette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

33353 End of paragraph not found.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »