Error msg from PM Story Collector: install filters.
Thread poster: Klaus Herrmann

Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:53
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
May 6, 2004

The situation: When trying to import stories into PM7.0, EN version, story collector displays an error message "This plug-in cannot be used because neither of the tagged text filters are present. Please install filters". Obviously, SC is installed correctly because I'm able to access it. Any input as to which additonal filters are required is highly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you export the text from PM or have you got the export from outside? May 6, 2004

Perhaps you have got the exported text from outside or it was processed outside and thus changed to RTF, which cannot be imported by SC. Or you have forgotten to save the PM file after exporting the text.

This message is very strange for me - I have never got such one.

Could you please tell more about the whole process?

Regards
Jerzy

Aleksandr Okunev
Local time: 07:53
English to Russian
Same here but the other way round Sep 16, 2005

Klaus Herrmann wrote: "This plug-in cannot be used because neither of the tagged text filters are present. Please install filters". Obviously, SC is installed correctly because I'm able to access it.

Same here, it's PM side, installed incorrectly I guess. I cannot export a story. The same message.
Cheers
Aleksandr
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:53
Finnish to French
PMTAGEXP.FLT and PMTAGIMP.FLT are needed for Story Collector to work Sep 25, 2008

Klaus Herrmann wrote:

When trying to import stories into PM7.0, story collector displays an error message "This plug-in cannot be used because neither of the tagged text filters are present. Please install filters".

You need to have the following two files in the Filters directory of your PM7 install (typically: C:\Program Files\Adobe\PageMaker 7.0\RSRC\UKENGLSH\Filters):

PMTAGEXP.FLT
PMTAGIMP.FLT

Once they are there, the error message will disappear and you will gain access to the Story Collector.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error msg from PM Story Collector: install filters.

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums