Mobile menu

How do I mark something to finish later? (TagEditor)
Thread poster: Sol

Sol  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 11, 2004

Is there a function key or something I can press so I can continue translating and come back when I have the missing information?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:18
English to German
+ ...
Not sure if I get your point... May 11, 2004

...but why don't you just key in an unusual combination (such as "XYZ") which you can find easily?

Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
No possibility in TagEditor May 11, 2004

I just asked Trados for this point. At the moment there is no fuctionaluty for this.
Maybe you should ask too, If there are enough questions, they maybe will programm this function in a following release.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I follow Ralf's suggestion May 11, 2004

and key something like "xxx" in the text, to search afterwards for this particular string.
This is the easiest way and works with any software.
Word has a functionality for this, but it does not work for tagged files in RTF format, so typing such unusuall string is the easiest and fastest way to find back the edited point in the text.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I mark something to finish later? (TagEditor)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs