Change Review Mode in Word
Thread poster: Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
Local time: 22:24
German to Hungarian
+ ...
May 19, 2004

I am using Trados FL 6.5. For some reason if I work on a Word file, after the first translated line the whole changes into the review mode with both languages and Trados tags on. I do not know what happend, since up to now I only saw the translated text. Is there a command / menu item that changes back the view to one language?
Thanks, Rita

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is good so May 19, 2004

You should not work with Trados and have the view of hidden text switched off.
If you don´t see hidden text you can possibly damage TAGs, segment delimiters and so on, so it is very advisable to show all non printing characters in Word - or at least the hidden text.

Do not change this unless you need it (and I cannot imagine, why this should occur).
Working in layout view is not necessary (sometimes it even disturbs), but usually you can work better in layout view, as y
... See more
You should not work with Trados and have the view of hidden text switched off.
If you don´t see hidden text you can possibly damage TAGs, segment delimiters and so on, so it is very advisable to show all non printing characters in Word - or at least the hidden text.

Do not change this unless you need it (and I cannot imagine, why this should occur).
Working in layout view is not necessary (sometimes it even disturbs), but usually you can work better in layout view, as you see how the document should print afterwards.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 16:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
This is what you need to do May 19, 2004

Hi Rita:

Word will always return to the mode you were in when you last closed the document.

If you don't want Word to go back to review mode everytime you open a TU, you need to open your document and in Tools, go to View and deselect "Hidden" and "All". Then, set your document to "Print layout". Now, save the document and exit Word.

Reopen you document and it should stay the way you configured it.

HIH,

Ricardo

Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This Helped May 21, 2004

Holá Ricardo,

muchas gracias, this helped.

Rita

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Even if you do not wish to see hidden text May 21, 2004

Don´t be distrurbed by it.
Believe me, you will save you much trouble, leaving the hidden text (and thus the source text) visible on your screen.
When you hide the text, you can very fast damage your work, deleting parts of TAGs oder delimeters.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change Review Mode in Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »