Mobile menu

Line breaks (revers P) will not disappear
Thread poster: Anette Herbert

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:15
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 29, 2004

I am working with a converted text from PDF into Word (2000).
Every time I open a segment in Trados 5.5, the line breaks signs appear and I have to take them off manually as they make the text very difficult to read and me mad..!

Does anyone know how to correct this?

TIA
Anette

Direct link Reply with quote

ntext  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:15
Partial member
German to English
+ ...
Not a Trados expert, but ... May 29, 2004

Are you talking about the formatting marks being visible? You can turn that off in Word under Options > View > Formatting marks. If you don't want to see the ¶ signs, make sure that the "Paragraph marks" and "All" boxes are unchecked.

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:15
Line breaks inserted by Trados... May 29, 2004

The line breaks you see are inserted automatically (and on purpose) by Trados, and if everything is as it should be, they are automatically deleted again when you close the segment.
No worries... This is how Trados works.

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:15
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bingo! May 29, 2004

That is exactly what I meant! Thank you!

Norbert Gunther Kramer wrote:

Are you talking about the formatting marks being visible? You can turn that off in Word under Options > View > Formatting marks. If you don't want to see the ¶ signs, make sure that the "Paragraph marks" and "All" boxes are unchecked.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:15
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... May 29, 2004

...to Trados Support.

When working with Trados, it's advisable to display non-printable characters, to avoid damaging tags.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Line breaks (revers P) will not disappear

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs