Thread poster: Alan Boydell
Alan Boydell
Alan Boydell  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:18
French to English
+ ...
Jun 2, 2004

I recently translated some PowerPoint files with T-Windows (I now know better due to a recent post to this forum) and obviously fed my TM as I went along. However, once I was done with the files, I obviously made a few changes to little typos and then saved them before removing original segments.

My question is simply: is there any way to update a TM with a PPT, before removing original segments, as Workbench does with Word docs during cleaning?

Versions:
Trados
... See more
I recently translated some PowerPoint files with T-Windows (I now know better due to a recent post to this forum) and obviously fed my TM as I went along. However, once I was done with the files, I obviously made a few changes to little typos and then saved them before removing original segments.

My question is simply: is there any way to update a TM with a PPT, before removing original segments, as Workbench does with Word docs during cleaning?

Versions:
Trados 6.5.2.417
Multiterm 6.2.0.279
PowerPoint 2003

Thanks,

Alan
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not with T-Window, I'm afraid... Jun 2, 2004

Hi Alan,
This isn't possible with T-Window, I'm afraid - you could run a cleanup operation if you had used TagEditor.

Sorry...

Best regards, Ralf

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Update in T-Window Jun 2, 2004

Hello,

you can start at the beginning of your Powerpoint file and then translate to Fuzzy. At every point where TM and file have diferent translations the process will stop and you can update your TM.

Hans

Alan Boydell
Alan Boydell  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Editor it is Jun 2, 2004

OK, that's precisely what I'll do with the files I already have.

And from now on it's TE all the way for me!

Thanks to you both,

Alan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update TM with uncleaned PPT files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »