How to recreate the Multiterm database from XML export?
Thread poster: Ivaylo Ivanov
Ivaylo Ivanov
Ivaylo Ivanov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Feb 13, 2012

I was given an XML file which is an export from a Multiterm online database.

I want to create and import it in a new Multiterm file-based termbase.

The problem is that I don't have the xml structure file (.xdt) to recreate the termbase structure.

Can anybody advice me how to proceed in this case?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:28
English
Termbase Definition Mar 23, 2012

Hi Ivaylo

Without the Termbase Definition you are quite lost here.

What you could try (to at least get the terms) is create a termbase with all the languages you know that are included in this XML and run an import without ticking the box for "Fast Import". Then everything will be imported that fits at least some position in your created termbase structure.

But clearly it would be easier to ask for the Termbase Definition. ^^

Cheers
Richa
... See more
Hi Ivaylo

Without the Termbase Definition you are quite lost here.

What you could try (to at least get the terms) is create a termbase with all the languages you know that are included in this XML and run an import without ticking the box for "Fast Import". Then everything will be imported that fits at least some position in your created termbase structure.

But clearly it would be easier to ask for the Termbase Definition. ^^

Cheers
Richard
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to recreate the Multiterm database from XML export?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »