Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Word Experienced a Serious Problem with multiterm8.dotm (Studio 2011 user)
Thread poster: JoelD
Becky Katz
Becky Katz  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Article in SDL knowledge base solves it Apr 13, 2012

Hi all

I know this may be a little late, but there's an article in the SDL knowledge base that helps to resolve it.

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3267

(Article 3267)

If you rename the folder:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Forms

with all your applications closed, especially Word, it works! Word just re-crea
... See more
Hi all

I know this may be a little late, but there's an article in the SDL knowledge base that helps to resolve it.

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3267

(Article 3267)

If you rename the folder:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Forms

with all your applications closed, especially Word, it works! Word just re-creates this folder when it opens back up.

Good luck!

Becky
Collapse

Nathalie Suteau (X)
Nathalie Suteau (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:35
English to French
@Inga Apr 13, 2012

I don't use Trados anymore - except Tag Editor now and then - so I never used Multiterm with Word. In my case, the solution worked without any loss of performance.

I had an opened case with SDL so I used this opportunity to report the issue and tell SDL a lot of translators are waiting here for instructions. Hope it works!

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:35
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Deleting EXD files Apr 13, 2012

Are people trying the solution (deleting the exd files) found here http://www.lessanvaezi.com/delete-exd-files-to-fix-object-library-invalid-error/ ?

It worked for Fernando and I and took all of a minute!

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Doesn't work for me Apr 13, 2012

I tried to (I'm using Windows 7), but when I go to C:/users/[myname], there is no application data directory????

rich. wrote:

Are people trying the solution (deleting the exd files) found here http://www.lessanvaezi.com/delete-exd-files-to-fix-object-library-invalid-error/ ?

It worked for Fernando and I and took all of a minute!

Richard Hill
Mexico
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
@Jeff. General system search Apr 14, 2012

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

I tried to (I'm using Windows 7), but when I go to C:/users/[myname], there is no application data directory????

[/quote]

I'm using Windows 7 too, and the "Forms" folder is at C:\Users\myname\Application Data\Microsoft

If you do a general Windows search for "Forms" it should lead you to the "Forms" folder where the .exd files are. Or else, on my system, if I seach ".exd" the only files that are found are the ones that need deleting from the "Forms" folder.

Jeff Whittaker
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Strange Apr 14, 2012

A windows search for forms only brought up word files with the word "forms" in them and the search for .exd only brought up my Arabic lesson files.

Checked again under C:\Users\myname, and there is no folder labeled application data, I see contacts, my videos, downloads, etc. Am I even in the right place?

Guess I will have to wait until Microsoft fixes this.

rich. wrote:

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

I'm using Windows 7 too, and the "Forms" folder is at C:\Users\myname\Application Data\Microsoft

If you do a general Windows search for "Forms" it should lead you to the "Forms" folder where the .exd files are. Or else, on my system, if I seach ".exd" the only files that are found are the ones that need deleting from the "Forms" folder. [/quote]

Richard Hill
Mexico
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Strange indeed Apr 14, 2012

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

A windows search for forms only brought up word files with the word "forms" in them and the search for .exd only brought up my Arabic lesson files.

Checked again under C:\Users\myname, and there is no folder labeled application data, I see contacts, my videos, downloads, etc. Am I even in the right place?

Guess I will have to wait until Microsoft fixes this.

I guess you've search for "Application Data" too. I thought it might have something to do with "show hidden files" but it seems not as when I choose to not to show hidden folders I still see the "Forms" folder.

Probably a long shot but I guess you could try creating the folders: "Application Data" "Microsoft" and "Forms" at C:\Users\yourname\... and I could send you the three .exd files to put in the "Forms" folder; they are only 244 KB in total.

The three files I have in the "Forms" folder are:

1. MSComctlLib.exd
2. RefEdit.exd
3. SHDocVw.exd

Nelia Fahloun (X)
Nelia Fahloun (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:35
English to French
+ ...
Deleting EXD files Apr 15, 2012

Hi all,

Deleting EXD files from the above-mentioned folder worked out fine for me: Word now opens without any error message and the MultiTerm tab seems to be working.

If that's any help to Jeff, I can confirm I had to use the "Show hidden files" option in order to access the AppData folder, find the Forms subfolder and delete the .exd files.

Thanks to everyone who posted here.

Nelia

[Edited at 2012-04-15 16:09 GMT]

Jeff Whittaker
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Problem Apr 15, 2012

I resolved it by moving SDLMultiterm (don't use it anyway) out of the Word STARTUP folder.

Sarah Fleisch
Sarah Fleisch
Hebrew to English
Windows 7, Word 2010 and Trados Studio 2009 Apr 17, 2012

Glad to hear I'm not the only one ... after reading all other posts, I realize that it also happened to me after a MS update.

I have tried the solutions suggested, but as I have Windows 7, I can't find Add/Remove in control panel - it is completely different to what I was used to.

Can someone please help out with finding "office shared features" and "Visual Basic for Applications" in Windows 7 and Word 2010.

I'm panicking right now as my deadline is approac
... See more
Glad to hear I'm not the only one ... after reading all other posts, I realize that it also happened to me after a MS update.

I have tried the solutions suggested, but as I have Windows 7, I can't find Add/Remove in control panel - it is completely different to what I was used to.

Can someone please help out with finding "office shared features" and "Visual Basic for Applications" in Windows 7 and Word 2010.

I'm panicking right now as my deadline is approaching fast and I cannot save my document to target.

Thanks
Collapse

Sarah Fleisch
Sarah Fleisch
Hebrew to English
Windows 7, Word 2010 and Trados Studio 2009 Apr 17, 2012

Finally seem to have fixed the problem following instructions in the link below.

http://www.lessanvaezi.com/delete-exd-files-to-fix-object-library-invalid-error/

Hope it helps others.

Thanks

Géraldine Chantegrel
Géraldine Chantegrel  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Fixed here too! Apr 17, 2012

Hi,

I was struggling with the same problem for a few days and deleting the .exd files just worked perfect. Thanks to all!

Géraldine

Thomas Seligmann
Thomas Seligmann  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
French to English
+ ...
Fixed for me too, thank you! Apr 19, 2012

I too was relieved to find this thread. It's been happening for me for a week or so too, I didn't even have any idea that it was a Trados or MS update issue, I just assumed it was a problem with my Word!

I can confirm that the instructions on http://www.lessanvaezi.com/delete-exd-files-to-fix-object-library-invalid-error/ posted by Rich worked
... See more
I too was relieved to find this thread. It's been happening for me for a week or so too, I didn't even have any idea that it was a Trados or MS update issue, I just assumed it was a problem with my Word!

I can confirm that the instructions on http://www.lessanvaezi.com/delete-exd-files-to-fix-object-library-invalid-error/ posted by Rich worked for me as well, and it takes all of 10 seconds. Thank you for the suggestions!

[Edited at 2012-04-19 00:30 GMT]
Collapse

Carole Paquis
Carole Paquis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
English to French
Years of bother Apr 20, 2012

I have had this problem for years.... and solved it in no time.

Carole PAQUIS

Conor Murphy
Conor Murphy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:35
German to English
lessanvaezi link worked quickly and easy. Apr 21, 2012

Thanks for putting this link up Rich.

Windows 7: If like Jeff you can't see the APPDATA folder, follow Nelia's advice and select "Show hidden folder" under Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.

Thanks to Joel and Tom for raising this issue.

Spent hours faffing about with Trust Centers and Add-ins etc.

Use lessanvaezi and save your weekend!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Experienced a Serious Problem with multiterm8.dotm (Studio 2011 user)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »