Thread poster: IanW (X)
IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 00:17
German to English
+ ...
Jun 30, 2004

Hi there,

I updated to Trados Freelance 6.5 a while ago and am very happy with the option of using Tag Editor for PPTs.

However, when a slide consists of bullet points, I often end up with the most or all of the page in a single segment, which is very cumbersome and rather annoying.

I've looked at the segmentation options in the Workbench, but can't find anything that would help. Can anyone suggest a way of ensuring that each bullet point is treated as a se
... See more
Hi there,

I updated to Trados Freelance 6.5 a while ago and am very happy with the option of using Tag Editor for PPTs.

However, when a slide consists of bullet points, I often end up with the most or all of the page in a single segment, which is very cumbersome and rather annoying.

I've looked at the segmentation options in the Workbench, but can't find anything that would help. Can anyone suggest a way of ensuring that each bullet point is treated as a separate segment? (And, while we're at it, whether there is a way of getting Trados to ignore the Notes Pages).

Any suggestions gratefully received

All the best

Ian
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use "enlarge" or "reduce" segment commands Jun 30, 2004

I have the same problem and have found no solution, so I use "CTRL+ALT+PgUp" to reduce segment, until I get what I want or need.

Regarding your second question, I'm sorry, but I do not now any solution. OTOH my customer allways wanted those to be traslated, so never had a problem with.

Regards
Jerzy

Terry Gilman
Terry Gilman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Defining Notes Pages text as a style to ignore? Jun 30, 2004

Hi Ian,

I would have also suggested Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/Dn for the first question, but I use T-Windows.
For the second, although I haven't done it myself, have you tried redefining the style of the notes page before you start? I noticed this feature last night while looking for something else in the manual and made a mental note to come back to it. Hope someone else can enlighten us.

All the best,
Terry

IanW (X)
IanW (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 1, 2004

Thanks guys,

I never knew about the Ctrl-Alt-PageUp function, and it's a pretty good solution to the problem.

All the best

Ian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor: reducing the size of segments

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »