The version is 188.8.131.529 build 309
IIRC there was a patch for this version (upgrading to build 310).
I installed the plug-in from tag editor - plug-in word spelling checker.
Ok, I get it - you activated it in TagEditor, right? I was confused as to why you would want to install something...
Did you configure the Word spell checker?
Here's the relevant section from the Help file:
If you are using the Microsoft Word Spelling Checker in TagEditor, you will need to configure the spelling checker options from within Microsoft Word. To configure the spelling checker:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab.
2. In the Spelling group box, choose the options that you want for the spelling checker:
· Select the Check Spelling as you type check box for automatic correction of misspellings as you type.
· Select Hide spelling errors in this document if you do not want spelling errors to be highlighted by a wavy red line underneath the word.
· Select Always suggest corrections to have Microsoft Word suggest corrections to misspellings.
· Select Suggest from main dictionary only if you do not want Word to suggest spellings from any open Custom dictionaries.
· Select Ignore words in uppercase to skip words containing uppercase characters only, for example, acronyms.
· Select Ignore words with numbers to skip words with one or several numbers, for example, Win95 or Q4.
· Select Ignore Internet and file addresses if you do not want Word to check Internet addresses, file names or email addresses.
Taken from: TagEditor 5 online help. (c) 1994-2000, TRADOS GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany. (c) 2000-2003, TRADOS Ireland Ltd., Dublin.