Spell check with tag editor

Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:57
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Jul 2, 2004

I have just installed trados on my new PC, installed the plug-in, but I can'y do the spell check in tag editor. It gives me an error.
Can you help me?
Thanks,
Valentina

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-07-02 11:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
More details, please... Jul 2, 2004

Hi Valentina,
can you please provide more details?

I have just installed trados on my new PC, installed the plug-in,

Which version of Trados (full version number including build number). Which plugin did you install?

but I can'y do the spell check in tag editor. It gives me an error.

What error message do you get?

Thanks, Ralf

Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
more details for Ralf Jul 2, 2004

The version is 6.0.0.309 build 309

I installed the plug-in from tag editor - plug-in word spelling checker.
It just closes the program.

Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Check configuration Jul 2, 2004

Thanks, Valentina,

The version is 6.0.0.309 build 309

IIRC there was a patch for this version (upgrading to build 310).

I installed the plug-in from tag editor - plug-in word spelling checker.

Ok, I get it - you activated it in TagEditor, right? I was confused as to why you would want to install something...

Did you configure the Word spell checker?
Here's the relevant section from the Help file:

If you are using the Microsoft Word Spelling Checker in TagEditor, you will need to configure the spelling checker options from within Microsoft Word. To configure the spelling checker:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab.

2. In the Spelling group box, choose the options that you want for the spelling checker:

· Select the Check Spelling as you type check box for automatic correction of misspellings as you type.

· Select Hide spelling errors in this document if you do not want spelling errors to be highlighted by a wavy red line underneath the word.

· Select Always suggest corrections to have Microsoft Word suggest corrections to misspellings.

· Select Suggest from main dictionary only if you do not want Word to suggest spellings from any open Custom dictionaries.

· Select Ignore words in uppercase to skip words containing uppercase characters only, for example, acronyms.

· Select Ignore words with numbers to skip words with one or several numbers, for example, Win95 or Q4.

· Select Ignore Internet and file addresses if you do not want Word to check Internet addresses, file names or email addresses.

Taken from: TagEditor 5 online help. (c) 1994-2000, TRADOS GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany. (c) 2000-2003, TRADOS Ireland Ltd., Dublin.

HTH, Ralf

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
It does not help! Aug 1, 2004

I have found this thread becouse I cannot manage to use Spelling check on TagEditor 6.0 (309).

The problems where two:

1. Winter Three Spelling Checker does not recognize some typos in Italian (namely it made me deliver the first part of a very important paid test with the typos "nell" and "led" - not present in personal dictionaries).
2. Once I replace Winter Tree Plug-In with Word Spelling checker TagEditor CRASHES as soon as it finds a spelling error.

After reading this thread I have downloaded the last cumulative Patch for 6.0 (309)->(310), then checked all the setting in Word (Trados wording is not very clear: am I forced to select all those options in Word in order to use the Spelling check in TagEditor? - To be safe I did).

RESULT: TagEditor keeps CRASHING!! Before the patch, the persisting warning was "Error in MFC32DLL" now it is "Eroor in KERNEL32DLL". If I click on Close the warning appears again. I am FORCED TO STOP the computer -- which does not work well: when I restart Scandisk starts automatically.

I wrote to Trados assistance. Their reaction is slow. In the mean time I can forget my hope for the internal job I was applying for, as I cannot deliver the second part of my test in time - 4000 no match for Monday!

I remember I had the same problem years ago with Trados 5. That time I could wait for Trados assistance. I would never have expected that the problem would repeat after upgrading to version 6. (By the way, also TagEditor 5 crashes now!).

Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Which operating system? Aug 1, 2004

Hi Luca,
Which operating system are you using?

Ralf

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Operating system: Win ME/Office 2000 Aug 1, 2004

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for your prompt reaction. It is Windows ME with Office 2000.

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Luca,
Which operating system are you using?

Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check with tag editor

SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on
Speed up manual translations with sub-segment matching

AutoSuggest accelerates translation editing in SDL Trados Studio 2014 through intelligent sub-segment matching suggestions while you type.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »