Mobile menu

Trados purchase help needed from translators living in the Arab world
Thread poster: Tamara Zahran

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:42
English to Arabic
Jul 26, 2004

Hello all,
I want to purchase Trados 6.5 Freelance. When I checked the website to see if it's available in the Arab world I found that it exists only in Qatar, I contacted the company by email and they said they would send me a quotation when they receive one from the company in Germany. A few days passed now and no response yet. Does anyone in the Arab world have Trados, and how did you get it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:42
English to German
+ ...
Have you tried TGB? Jul 26, 2004

Hi Tamara,
I'm not sure if the local representative understood you properly - AFAIK Freelance licenses are handled by Trados Dublin anyway.

Have you checked Translator Group Buying?

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-07-26 06:51]

samehme
United States
Local time: 17:42
English to Arabic
+ ...
Buy from Germany Jul 26, 2004

Tamara Zahran wrote:

Hello all,
I want to purchase Trados 6.5 Freelance. When I checked the website to see if it's available in the Arab world I found that it exists only in Qatar, I contacted the company by email and they said they would send me a quotation when they receive one from the company in Germany. A few days passed now and no response yet. Does anyone in the Arab world have Trados, and how did you get it?

Dear Tamara,

I bought it from Germany, try http://www.translationzone.com/product.asp?ID=91 and place an order via credit card. Or if you wanna pay by check, send them an email from the website or call them. They are helpful.

Regards,

Sameh

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados purchase help needed from translators living in the Arab world

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs