TRADOS 5.0 freelance doesn't stop after period
Thread poster: Denis Kiselev

Denis Kiselev
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:16
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 29, 2004

I have a text all in capital letters, put into a table in an .rtf document. I'm using Word 2000. The text contains many one- and two-word sentences (like: NIGHT. STREET. LAMPPOST. PHARMACY. DIM LIGHT.)

When I try to open a sentence for translation (Open/get command) TRADOS selects the whole table cell, even though it contains several sentences (each ending with a period) and there is a rule in TRADOS settings to stop after a period.

What can be done?

Direct link Reply with quote
English to Spanish
Spacing bar after period... Jul 29, 2004

It also happened to me, and I found out that there was an "Enter" key missing or many spaces between periods.
WORD. (There are two or more spaces here; pass the cursor over the spaces and press once the bar spacing) SECOND WORD. (Press either the "Enter" key or the spacing bar.)
Try it that way, and I hope this helps.

[Edited at 2004-07-29 20:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 5.0 freelance doesn't stop after period

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs