User
Thread poster: Denise Phelps
Trados Studio 2011 Freelance: another failed to save target plea for help
Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:06
Spanish to English
Nov 22, 2012

Hi,

I've just completed a translation and am getting a "failed to save target" message that's a new one on me.

I'm using Trados Studio 2011 freelance and the source text is a Word 97-2003 doc.

The error message is: Failed to save target content: Trados 2007 Filter Definition file not found: C:\Users\Name\AppData\local\Temp\ybtaq3bl.3mt\x4cjhcti.vqw.tmp

I do not have, and never have had, Trados 2007, and so am surprised by this message, aside from having absolutely no idea what it means/what to do about it.

Any ideas anyone, in words of one syllable for a not very computer literate person?

I've submitted a support request to SDL, but they may take days to reply so am posting here to see if anyone can provide a quicker solution.

Many thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2012-11-22 14:12 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Support  Identity Verified
English
Is this still a problem? Nov 23, 2012

Hi Denise,

Studio 2011 does contain 2007 assemblies to allow many of the integration possibilities for handling legacy material so a message referring to 2007 is no surprise in that regard. Is this still a problem?

Regards

Paul

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
@ Paul Nov 23, 2012

Thanks for your concern, Paul.

It's no longer a problem since SDL support responded really quickly, even though I don't have a suppport contract, so gold stars there, and regenerated my corrupt bilingual file for me.

I also experimented with saving the source text with a different name, opening it in Studio, populating it with the hits from my TM and saving the target that way (which was my clumsy workround).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 Freelance: another failed to save target plea for help

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »