https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/237938-trados_studio_2011_freelance%3A_another_failed_to_save_target_plea_for_help.html?

Trados Studio 2011 Freelance: another failed to save target plea for help
Thread poster: Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 22, 2012

Hi,

I've just completed a translation and am getting a "failed to save target" message that's a new one on me.

I'm using Trados Studio 2011 freelance and the source text is a Word 97-2003 doc.

The error message is: Failed to save target content: Trados 2007 Filter Definition file not found: C:\Users\Name\AppData\local\Temp\ybtaq3bl.3mt\x4cjhcti.vqw.tmp

I do not have, and never have had, Trados 2007, and so am surprised by this message, aside fr
... See more
Hi,

I've just completed a translation and am getting a "failed to save target" message that's a new one on me.

I'm using Trados Studio 2011 freelance and the source text is a Word 97-2003 doc.

The error message is: Failed to save target content: Trados 2007 Filter Definition file not found: C:\Users\Name\AppData\local\Temp\ybtaq3bl.3mt\x4cjhcti.vqw.tmp

I do not have, and never have had, Trados 2007, and so am surprised by this message, aside from having absolutely no idea what it means/what to do about it.

Any ideas anyone, in words of one syllable for a not very computer literate person?

I've submitted a support request to SDL, but they may take days to reply so am posting here to see if anyone can provide a quicker solution.

Many thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2012-11-22 14:12 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Is this still a problem? Nov 23, 2012

Hi Denise,

Studio 2011 does contain 2007 assemblies to allow many of the integration possibilities for handling legacy material so a message referring to 2007 is no surprise in that regard. Is this still a problem?

Regards

Paul

Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Paul Nov 23, 2012

Thanks for your concern, Paul.

It's no longer a problem since SDL support responded really quickly, even though I don't have a suppport contract, so gold stars there, and regenerated my corrupt bilingual file for me.

I also experimented with saving the source text with a different name, opening it in Studio, populating it with the hits from my TM and saving the target that way (which was my clumsy workrou
... See more
Thanks for your concern, Paul.

It's no longer a problem since SDL support responded really quickly, even though I don't have a suppport contract, so gold stars there, and regenerated my corrupt bilingual file for me.

I also experimented with saving the source text with a different name, opening it in Studio, populating it with the hits from my TM and saving the target that way (which was my clumsy workround).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 Freelance: another failed to save target plea for help

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »