Mobile menu

Translating a PageMaker file with Trados 6.5 Freelance
Thread poster: Tamara Zahran

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:46
English to Arabic
Aug 13, 2004

Dear All,

Is it possible to translate a Pagemaker file using Trados? If so, how?

I appreciate your help very much.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxBrandis
Local time: 00:46
English to German
+ ...
yes it is possible Aug 13, 2004

Tamara Zahran wrote:

Dear All,

Is it possible to translate a Pagemaker file using Trados? If so, how?

I appreciate your help very much.
Export pagemaker stories in .rtf format and process in trados.
Good luck
Brandis


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:46
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 13, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Export pagemaker stories in .rtf format and process in trados.
Good luck
Brandis


Thank you very much for your prompt response. And in this case, can I convert the RTF file to a Pagemaker file again after the translation is complete?

Thank you


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxBrandis
Local time: 00:46
English to German
+ ...
you can import all regular .txt ( ascii) and .rtf file Aug 13, 2004

Tamara Zahran wrote:

Brandis wrote:

Export pagemaker stories in .rtf format and process in trados.
Good luck
Brandis


Thank you very much for your prompt response. And in this case, can I convert the RTF file to a Pagemaker file again after the translation is complete?

Thank you
in as is state, only .doc files need be converted. For this you have a few compatibility filters, but that depends on, which version of PM you are using. Personally I find 6.5 is the best of all.
Greets
Brandis


Direct link Reply with quote
 
samehme
United States
Local time: 15:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
PM6.5 Doesn't support Arabic Aug 13, 2004

Dear Tamara,

If you want to translate into Arabic and then typeset using PageMaker 6.5, this won't work, as PM6.5 doesn't support Arabic.

Regards,

Sameh


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:46
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Aug 13, 2004

samehme wrote:



If you want to translate into Arabic and then typeset using PageMaker 6.5, this won't work, as PM6.5 doesn't support Arabic.

Regards,

Sameh


Which version of PageMaker supports Arabic?


Direct link Reply with quote
 
samehme
United States
Local time: 15:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Use InDesign Aug 13, 2004

Well, only PM5.5 for the PC supports Arabic.

I would suggest that you use InDesign 2.0 ME, since Trados has a utility for direct translation within InDesign. Forgot to mention that you can easily convert PM6.5 English files to InDesign.

Good Luck,

Sameh


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating a PageMaker file with Trados 6.5 Freelance

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs