Mobile menu

Extracting translation units
Thread poster: heididu

Local time: 13:34
Dutch to German
+ ...
Aug 18, 2004

Hello there,
I have a pretty big TM and I'd like to extract/export certain TUs, but I can't filter them with the default export settings. I would like to filter them by certain terms included in the text of the TUs. Does anybody know if this is possible? I couldn't find such a feature (Trados 6)

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 14:34
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Maintenance or project tm Aug 18, 2004

you can use the maintenace function to add a attribut to all the units which contain your word and after this you can export all units with the attribut.

you can make a analyze with your files and export a project tm.

With kind regards

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:34
English to German
+ ...
Filter by Segments Aug 18, 2004

Hi heididu,

I would like to filter them by certain terms included in the text of the TUs.

In the Export dialogue, choose the required language from the Field list (you should see the TM index languages displayed on top, under Segments. Click on Add to add this to the Filter constraints list, then select your filter in line with the criteria set out in the TW Help function (click on Help in the Export dialogue, and follow the Criterion box and Attribute picklist link.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extracting translation units

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs