Mobile menu

What does STF tags mean ?
Thread poster: Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
Local time: 16:38
English to French
+ ...
Aug 19, 2004

I'm just a beginner in Trados and I don't know what "STF tags" mean if you could help me...

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:38
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Julie Aug 19, 2004

I wanted to tell you that I had moved your message to Trados support but I couldn't because you chose not to receive e-mails.

I hope you'll find your topic anyway.

Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
STF Tags Aug 19, 2004

STF means: S-Tagger Format.

When you convert dtp files for use with trados you will get a stf file (which comes as a rtf file or as a ttx file) The tags are necessary to preserve the layout structure information in the text. There is a reference guide (File Format referene) which describes the function of the tags.

With kind regards

Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
The S in S-Tagger Aug 19, 2004

Hans wrote:
STF means: S-Tagger Format.

Just a small note for your pleasure: The S in S-Tagger is for "Sarah" (I think Carrol), the clever woman who created S-Tagger in the dark times where FrameMaker translation ment to be copy & paste So STF was actually Sarah's Tag Format

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does STF tags mean ?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs