https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/24020-embedded_images_and_textboxes_in_word_2000_trados_55.html

Embedded images and textboxes in Word 2000/Trados 5.5
Thread poster: Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 07:46
French to English
Aug 21, 2004

I have a confession to make: I don't use Trados very often because most of my work is more "editorial" in nature. Occasionally, I do translate a training manual or other documents that lend themselves to using Trados. Because I only use it a couple times a year, I will be honest: I really barely know even the basic functions and have been secretly getting along fine with what I do know, which is:

I use TW to translate documents in .doc format. I then use the Word macro for cleanup.
... See more
I have a confession to make: I don't use Trados very often because most of my work is more "editorial" in nature. Occasionally, I do translate a training manual or other documents that lend themselves to using Trados. Because I only use it a couple times a year, I will be honest: I really barely know even the basic functions and have been secretly getting along fine with what I do know, which is:

I use TW to translate documents in .doc format. I then use the Word macro for cleanup. For some reason I have never successfully used the TW cleanup function with Word or RTF format files and I never took the time to find out why.

Anyhow, here are two problems that just cropped up in the document I am doing:

1. there are a number of embedded images in the word doc. After running the word cleanup macro, the images are no longer displayed. A gray field with the codes is now displayed: {EMBED MSPhotoEd3} for example. If I right-click to modify the embedded image, it is still there, just not displayed in the word doc.

2. I am unable to run the cleanup macro in a couple of text boxes. Nothing happens and I still have the hidden source text appearing in the boxes. In the past it has always worked for footnotes, text boxes, etc. I would just run the cleanup for all of them separately.

Now I know that I am a walking Trados disaster, but I would appreciate any help more experienced users could give me on how to resolve these two issues. If you do, in exchange I promise to learn to use the software properly!!

Thanks for any tips you can give!

Regards,
Sara
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Embedded images and textboxes in Word 2000/Trados 5.5

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »