Can't access Trados TM
Thread poster: Heras

Heras  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:24
French to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2004

I use Trados 6.5FL, with Word 2000. I have a Translation Memory with more than 1000 TU. Nevertheless, when I begin a new translation, Trados searchs for the TM during a lot of seconds and finally I receive the following message; 31001: Could not obtain lock for ... (and follows the way to the memory file (.tmw). Any suggestions? Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
See Trados Knowledge Base article Aug 23, 2004

See the following Trados KB article:
http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=807

Good luck!
Jørgen

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
Careful Aug 23, 2004

Apparently the link above is for Workbench 3 and they say in version 5 it shouldn't appear (so I assume it shouldn't be an issue in 6.5 either). Just wanted to draw your attention to that, maybe I didn't read everything carefully

RWSTranslation
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Read only Aug 23, 2004

Hello,

Check that the TM files are not read only.

Hans

Inge Davidsen
Local time: 04:24
English to Norwegian
+ ...
My solution Aug 23, 2004

This has happened to me a few times due to computer crashes. An easy solution make a copy of all the TM files. Then you can work with the copy, which is identical except it isn't locked.

If you like, after verifying that you can open the copy, you can delete the old TM and rename the copy as per the original.

Christophe LEONHARD
German to French
+ ...
Main TM and reference TM can't be the same! Sep 16, 2011

I just had the same error message and I finally discovered that it appeared because my "Reference translation memory" (defined via Options > Translation Memory Options > Concordance) was the same than the main TM I had opened.

So check this setting if you encounter that error message.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't access Trados TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs