Mobile menu

Can't access Trados TM
Thread poster: Heras

Heras  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:15
French to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2004

I use Trados 6.5FL, with Word 2000. I have a Translation Memory with more than 1000 TU. Nevertheless, when I begin a new translation, Trados searchs for the TM during a lot of seconds and finally I receive the following message; 31001: Could not obtain lock for ... (and follows the way to the memory file (.tmw). Any suggestions? Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
See Trados Knowledge Base article Aug 23, 2004

See the following Trados KB article:

Good luck!

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
German to Romanian
+ ...
Careful Aug 23, 2004

Apparently the link above is for Workbench 3 and they say in version 5 it shouldn't appear (so I assume it shouldn't be an issue in 6.5 either). Just wanted to draw your attention to that, maybe I didn't read everything carefully

Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Read only Aug 23, 2004

Check that the TM files are not read only.

Inge Davidsen
Local time: 05:15
English to Norwegian
+ ...
My solution Aug 23, 2004

This has happened to me a few times due to computer crashes. An easy solution make a copy of all the TM files. Then you can work with the copy, which is identical except it isn't locked.

If you like, after verifying that you can open the copy, you can delete the old TM and rename the copy as per the original.

Christophe LEONHARD
German to French
+ ...
Main TM and reference TM can't be the same! Sep 16, 2011

I just had the same error message and I finally discovered that it appeared because my "Reference translation memory" (defined via Options > Translation Memory Options > Concordance) was the same than the main TM I had opened.

So check this setting if you encounter that error message.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't access Trados TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs