Doc. appears uncleaned in older version of TRADOS
Thread poster: Terese Whitty

Terese Whitty
United States
Local time: 19:59
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
Aug 31, 2004

I did a translation in word using TRADOS 6.5. After cleaning I sent the doc to a client who has TRADOS 5.5. To her the document seemed uncleanded as to the TRADOS codes still being there. Is there any way I can save the document so that it is compatible with version 5.5. and looks neat and cleaned?

Grateful for your advice!

Tess Whitty

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:59
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Impossible Aug 31, 2004

This must be a misunderstanding. Either you did not clean the file, or your client opened another file. Or maybe you sent the uncleaned version.

You can check if the file has been cleaned by displaying the hidden characters in Word (you shouldn't see any). Sometimes the document has to be cleaned up manually by running the tw4winClean.Main macro.

It has nothing to do with Trados version.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Doc. appears uncleaned in older version of TRADOS

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs