Thread poster: Kristina Wolf

Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:36
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Sep 7, 2004

Hi everyone,
I Installed Trados 5.5 on my new computer, with Windows XP and Office 2003. Whenever I try to translate a document under Word I get the following error message: Outdated template document, Please use current version, although I have already installed it. Any suggestions?
When I initially added to Word I got a Macro warning and needed to confirm that I wanted to use this template which I also found strange.

Direct link Reply with quote

Gloria Nobili
Local time: 10:36
English to Italian
+ ...
word2003 and Trados 5 Sep 7, 2004

As far as I know, word2003 is not compatible with Trados 5.x
I had the same problem. The available options are: buy the Trados Upgrade or reinstall the previous version of Word (2000). I chose the second one.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:36
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You need Trados 6.5 Sep 7, 2004

Trados 5.5 is compatible with Word XP, but it is not supposed to work with Word 2003.
You have either to downgrade to Word XP or to upgrade to Trados 6.5. I would strongly suppose to upgrade to Trados 6.5 right now, as a new version was released very recently and the upgrade prices are still at reasonable level.
Consult for details.

[Edited at 2004-09-07 13:20]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Trados and Word 2003

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs