Thread poster: Blanca Amoroso

Blanca Amoroso  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 7, 2004

Hi all,

I have been translating a series of PPT files for a long project with Trados 5.0. In this batch I have found a problem when trying to use the CAT tool in 2 new files.

I get the message "This presentation contains unavailable fonts" and the tool simply does not work. But the presentations have the same font used in all the project. I don't know what to do. Could someone help me out?

Many thanks in advance. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Regards!
Blanca.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Look at the format menu Sep 7, 2004

There you will find an option called "Replace unavailable fonts". Select it and replace fonts shown there with fonts, available on your system

This issue has been discussed here many times before.

Other (better) possibility is to upgrade to Trados 6.5. Then you will not need T-Window for PPT, because you will be able to process PPT files in TAG Editor.

Regards
Jerzy

Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem not solved Sep 7, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

There you will find an option called "Replace unavailable fonts". Select it and replace fonts shown there with fonts, available on your system

This issue has been discussed here many times before.

Other (better) possibility is to upgrade to Trados 6.5. Then you will not need T-Window for PPT, because you will be able to process PPT files in TAG Editor.

Regards
Jerzy

Dear Jerzy,

There must be something else happening since I have tried with several fonts and the problem remains. The fact is the fonts used are the same in the files previously translated, so I don't understand. There must be something different in the new files.

Thank you,
Blanca.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, you seem to misunderstand what I mean Sep 7, 2004

Even if it seems your presentation uses the same font, as the previous ones, and even if you changed the font in the presentation to any other font, available on your system, this particular presentation may contain unavailable font.

Please read this article http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=478 and do what it says.

Regards
Jerzy

Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it Sep 7, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Even if it seems your presentation uses the same font, as the previous ones, and even if you changed the font in the presentation to any other font, available on your system, this particular presentation may contain unavailable font.

Please read this article http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=478 and do what it says.

Regards
Jerzy

Problem solved. I was not replacing the fonts preceded by "?", that's why I couldn't start.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you!!

Best regards,
Blanca.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Trados 5.0 and PPT files/fonts

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs