Mobile menu

Multiterm message "Source language was changed..
Thread poster: Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:17
German to English
Sep 9, 2004

I am using Workbench 6.5.1.406 Build 410 and a Trados Multiterm 5 Termbase file. As I cannot seem to locate this file using the newer Multiterm version, I have opened it in Multiterm 5.5.0.244.

I believe all the settings are correct on Workbench with term recognition ticked and so on but when I open a translation section the multiterm gives the following message - "Source language was changed. The first entry is displayed."

As far as I can see the source language is the same - German - in the TM and the multiterm file so I do not know what else to look at. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Outdated version - is MT5.5 selected as terminology provider? Sep 9, 2004

Hi Louise,
I am using Workbench 6.5.1.406 Build 410 and a Trados Multiterm 5 Termbase file.

Are you aware that this version is outdated? It was replaced by T6.5.2 (build 417) at the beginning of this year, and T6.5.5 (build 438/439) has just been released. Version 6.5.1 contained numerous bugs - this could be one of them.

As I cannot seem to locate this file using the newer Multiterm version, I have opened it in Multiterm 5.5.0.244.

You cannot open MT5.5 databases in MTiX, but there is a conversion utility called MultiTerm Convert; this is contained in MultiTerm 6.2.0.267 (build 267), which was issued in the summer of 2003 and upgraded to build 279 in Februar 2004.

I believe all the settings are correct on Workbench with term recognition ticked and so on but when I open a translation section the multiterm gives the following message - "Source language was changed. The first entry is displayed."

In Options - Terminology Recognition Options, did you change the Terminology Provider to "MultiTerm 5"?

Best regards, Ralf

Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralph Sep 15, 2004

I can't seem to find the upgrade from 6.5.1 - only from 6.5.2 to 6.5.5. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not required Sep 15, 2004

Hi Louise,
Check Trados KB article 1349; the update should work for 6.5.1 as well:
TRADOS 6.5.5 is an update to TRADOS 6.5.x. It can be used for first-time installations and to replace previous installations of TRADOS 6.5 (both TRADOS 6.5.0 and TRADOS 6.5.2). The installation program will automatically uninstall any previous installation of TRADOS 6.5 on your computer before installing TRADOS 6.5.5. You may need to restart the installer after your previous version is uninstalled.

HTH, Ralf

Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
You've done it again Ralph! Sep 16, 2004

I used the link you gave me to update to 6.5.5 and now MultiTerm works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Louise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm message "Source language was changed..

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs