Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

Same dongle for 6.0 and 6.5?
Thread poster: Robert Zawadzki
Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:55
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 14, 2004

I have two networked computers. I have TRADOS 6.0 installed on one, and I bought an upgrade to 6.5. I would like to install it on the second computer, but I wonder if performing a dongle upgrade, will not make it impossible to use 6.0 on the first one. Does anybody use the same dongle for 6.5 and 6.0?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Yes Sep 14, 2004

Hi rzawadzk,
I have two networked computers. I have TRADOS 6.0 installed on one, and I bought an upgrade to 6.5. I would like to install it on the second computer, but I wonder if performing a dongle upgrade, will not make it impossible to use 6.0 on the first one. Does anybody use the same dongle for 6.5 and 6.0?

I have T5.5, T6.0 and T6.5.2 installed on the same machine (the only reason being that sometimes I need to try and replicate a problem under an older version) - all using the same dongle.

What I would suggest is to upgrade both machines to T6.5. Obviously, you will only be able to use it on one of them at any one time.

HTH, Ralf

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Even the old Trados 3 works with USB-dongle Sep 14, 2004

which I have upgraded (reprogrammed) to 6.5.5
OTH you can get soft key from Trados, allowing you to install Traos parallel on notebook and desktop, without having to switch the dongle. You are then allowed to use either the notebook or the desktop at one time.

I would strongly advise you to upgrade to the latest build, as it does not mess polish characters anymore, as the previous vesions used to.

Regards
Jerzy

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Me Sep 14, 2004

rzawadzk wrote:

Does anybody use the same dongle for 6.5 and 6.0?

on the same machine, like Ralf. The dongle was upgraded but still works with 6.0.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Same dongle for 6.0 and 6.5?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums