Application blocked in SDL Muliti Term 2011
Thread poster: Karen Henry
Karen Henry
Karen Henry  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:20
French to English
May 9, 2013

When I try to enter a term in Multi Term 2011 from the editor in SDL Trados 2011 I get this message:

Name: Edit Controller
Your security settings have blocked a local application from running.

I've had SDL Trados 2011 for nearly a year now and never had this problem, although previous to this message I had another one for about a month asking for authorisation to open the application before I could enter a te
... See more
When I try to enter a term in Multi Term 2011 from the editor in SDL Trados 2011 I get this message:

Name: Edit Controller
Your security settings have blocked a local application from running.

I've had SDL Trados 2011 for nearly a year now and never had this problem, although previous to this message I had another one for about a month asking for authorisation to open the application before I could enter a term.

Thanks for any advice
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Link May 9, 2013

Hi Karen,

Check the following link: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4645

The issue is related to Java updates.

HTH,

Bernard

Karen Henry
Karen Henry  Identity Verified
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Bernard! May 9, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Hi Karen,

HTH,

Bernard

Richie_ger (X)
Richie_ger (X)
German to English
Many thanks May 14, 2013

Hi Bernard

many thanks for the tip. It sorted the same problem that I had. I was going daft looking for security settings under Norton to try and sort the problem. I never even knew that Java carried out security settings without my knowledge!

Anyway, back to work now!

Filipa Plant dos Santos
Filipa Plant dos Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:20
Portuguese to English
Me too! May 14, 2013

Thanks so much for this!

My computer crashed yesterday, and I spent this afternoon downloading programs onto my new laptop with the help of the computer support guy from my husband's company.

As he was downloading Java, a little bell went off in my head - but what did it mean?

Now here I am, it's late, I'm tired, I'm realising that all those lovely little adjustments that I'd made to Studio are not on my new computer yet, and then.... this MultiTerm proble
... See more
Thanks so much for this!

My computer crashed yesterday, and I spent this afternoon downloading programs onto my new laptop with the help of the computer support guy from my husband's company.

As he was downloading Java, a little bell went off in my head - but what did it mean?

Now here I am, it's late, I'm tired, I'm realising that all those lovely little adjustments that I'd made to Studio are not on my new computer yet, and then.... this MultiTerm problem!!!

Luckily I knew where to look.

Thank you Bernard from the bottom of my heart!!!

Goodnight all!
Collapse

seele0001
seele0001
China
Me too! Aug 24, 2013

Bernard, thank you so much for this!

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Hi Karen,

HTH,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Application blocked in SDL Muliti Term 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »