Problems installing Multiterm IX Workstation
Thread poster: xxxAnneM
xxxAnneM  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2004

I have just bought Trados and am having problems installing the multiterm workstation (MTiXWorks_6.2.0.279). I haven't installed the translation workstation as notes strongly recommend installing multiterm first.

I get as far as "Copying New Files" and then I get a series of messages saying Error 1309. Error reading from file. ...Configuración Local\Temp\Directorio temporal 2 para Multiterm_6.2.0279\...and the name of a file (eg. FlagARSY.BMP.). It asks me to verify that the file exists and I can access it.

I am given 3 options. Abort, ok, ignore. If I press ok, nothing happens; and if I press ignore, another window comes up with another file, etc. etc. I have tried to follow the path mentioned but can't find that either.

Can anybody help please? If not, although not recommended, can I go ahead and install the translation workbench as I need to do a job?!

Thanks,

Anne

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Unzipp the files keeping the directory structure Sep 19, 2004

As you most probably have downloaded the installation file and unzipped it prior to translation, you have unzipped all files into one single directory. Trados installation files are placed in various subdirectories of the main directory, and cannot be then found.
Remove the files you unzipped and then unzipp them again, making sure, that the option "Keep directory structure" is checked.

Regards
Jerzy

Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 19, 2004

Yes, that did the trick. Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful reply.

Anne

Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems with installing Trados 6.5 Freelance Sep 19, 2004

I thought I was home free but...

I have now successfully installed the multiterm by unzipping correctly but cannot install the freelance translation workstation. I get as far as Copying files, and an error message 1308 Souce File Not Found appears. I am again given 3 options - ignore, retry and abort.

The steps I followed were the same as with Multiterm. My OS is Windows XP if that helps!

Thank you again!

Anne

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You are obviously making the same mistake as before Sep 19, 2004

Delete all files you unzipped until now (including those for MT and Trados), and unzipp those for Trados again, keeping the directory structure.
I'm not sure, if Trados uses some MT files while installing, but maybe yes. For that case I would unzipp MT files into one parent directory, called ie Install_MT, reinstall MT using these files, then unzipp Trados files to a directory called ie Trados_Install, keeping the directory structure, and start the installation there.

Regards
Jerzy

Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Sep 19, 2004

I think the installation has been completed successfully. I'm not sure what was wrong, but I "ignored" the source files not found - they were all the sample files - (problems with restricted access maybe?) and was able to continue.

Thanks again. Anne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems installing Multiterm IX Workstation

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums