Mobile menu

Multiple DTDs
Thread poster: Sylvain Leray

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:53
German to French
Sep 25, 2004

Hello,

My client sent me 4 .ttx files (.xml) to translate with the corresponding DTD. My problem is that there are 19 .ini files in the DTD folder. I usually translate .html files with the default .ini file of TagEditor, and I thought that there is only one .ini file to use at a time.

What should I do with all these files then ?
Any help appreciated!

Thank you in advance and have a nice week-end!
Sylvain

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check with your client Sep 25, 2004

Hi Sylvain,
You are right - there's only one .ini to be used (although theoretically, there could be a different .ini for each of the XML files). Given that XML files have individual properties defined by the author, the only one who'll be able to tell you which .ini file is the right one is your client.

Sorry, Ralf

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
OK Sep 25, 2004

Thank you Ralf,

In the meantime, I have opened the TM provided and TagEditor has automatically selected one of the .ini files, which then appeared in the DTD dialog box.
But I will ask the client anyway.
Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple DTDs

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs