Mobile menu

TagEditor: Importing HTML file deletes part of the text
Thread poster: Wei Peng Loy
Wei Peng Loy  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:04
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2004

I experience a strange phenomenon when opening a Japanese HTML file with TagEditor. About half of the original file was deleted. I could only translate the first half of the file. Incidentally, this HTML file was written with Microsoft FrontPage and there were many tags which I think are useless.

I never have such a problem with other HTML files which were written with other software. Is this a unique case? Anybody has such experience before and is there a workaround?

Wei Peng Loy

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 16:04
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Check syntax Sep 30, 2004

there is often a problem with incorrect sytax of the html file.

Maybe you can open the html file with an editor and take a look on the html syntax and maybe correct the mistakes or you use a html syntax checker for this job

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: Importing HTML file deletes part of the text

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs