Thread poster: samehme
samehme
United States
Local time: 15:39
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 6, 2004

Hi,

I have WinXp Pro with office 2003 and Trados 6.5.5.439. I am building 2 TMs for a client in both Arabic and Farsi using MS Word 2003.

Some segments in both TMs show in Asian language characters, maybe Japanese, but I have only English, Arabic and Farsi installed on my XP and also Office language settings has only these 3 languages.

Any hints.

Thanks,

Sameh

Direct link Reply with quote

Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:39
Member (2004)
English to Arabic
+ ...
check the fonts Oct 6, 2004

Dear Sameh

May the English fonts used is outside those installed in your system or Trados.

You can check the fonts and change/download any necessary fonts.

Sabry

Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:39
Member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Font setting for TM's Oct 6, 2004

Hi Sameh!

I had the same problem just a while ago, you should the open the TM in Trados Workbench and then go to FILE>SETUP and choose the FONTS tab.

Now try changing the target Default Font and each time tick the box on the lower right hand side of the dialogue box "Translate into target default for all other fonts". I used Tahoma and managed to see the TM as it should be.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Rahi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados shows Asian characters for Arabic and Farsi TMs

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs