Segments consisting of numbers only
Thread poster: 00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 7, 2004

Hi -

Trados (6.5) skips over segments consisting of numbers only without changing the decimals according to the substitution rules I chose. I tried deselecting the number substitution, to no avail. In Wordfast, there is an option to choose whether or not to skip over segments consisting of numbers only. It's hard to imagine Trados doesn't have such an option, but I just can't find it. I've read the Help files pertaining to numbers, also to no avail.

Thanks in advance fo
... See more
Hi -

Trados (6.5) skips over segments consisting of numbers only without changing the decimals according to the substitution rules I chose. I tried deselecting the number substitution, to no avail. In Wordfast, there is an option to choose whether or not to skip over segments consisting of numbers only. It's hard to imagine Trados doesn't have such an option, but I just can't find it. I've read the Help files pertaining to numbers, also to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Esther

[Edited at 2004-10-07 08:14]
Collapse

Alan Boydell
Alan Boydell  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:59
French to English
+ ...
Word find/replace workaround Oct 7, 2004

Hi there Esther,

I was wrestling with this just the other day and couldn't for the life of me get Trados to change the format of numbers if they weren't part of a segment containing words.

I'm still not sure whether that's possible or not, but I finally solved my problem by using some complex find/replace formulae describe
... See more
Hi there Esther,

I was wrestling with this just the other day and couldn't for the life of me get Trados to change the format of numbers if they weren't part of a segment containing words.

I'm still not sure whether that's possible or not, but I finally solved my problem by using some complex find/replace formulae described in the following article for translators: http://accurapid.com/journal/15msw.htm (remember to replace the big dots in the formulae by spaces).

In a few seconds, thousands of figures in my word document were in anglo format instead of French.

Hope this helps,

Alan
Collapse

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Alan! Note to Ralf Oct 7, 2004

I'm still not sure whether that's possible or not, but I finally solved my problem by using some complex find/replace formulae described in the following article for translators: http://accurapid.com/journal/15msw.htm (remember to replace the big dots in the formulae by spaces.

It seems that Trados doesn't have the option offered by Wordfast.

Ralf, let's put it on the wishlist!

And while I'm at it, I would like two close-open-get buttons: the one that's there already, for going to the next segment, and one for going to the preceding segment.

Yes, yes, it's possible! Fusion has it - it's one of my favorite features in Fusion.

Best,
Esther

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:59
English to German
+ ...
Already in there... Oct 7, 2004

Hi Esther,
Ralf, let's put it on the wishlist!

Looks like it's already in there - feel free to add more ideas.

And while I'm at it, I would like two close-open-get buttons: the one that's there already, for going to the next segment, and one for going to the preceding segment.

Also in there.

I'm not sure whether we're not too late for the scope of Release 7, but Trados are certainly aware of the thread.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segments consisting of numbers only

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »