nannare
nannare  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:11
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 27, 2013

Dear Colleagues,
can someone help me solve this problem I have with Trados Studio 2011 SP2R and WSXZ files exported from Idiom WorldServer for use with SDL Trados Studio 2009 or later?

Very often when I try to import an Idiom package (WSXZ file) in Studio, the process stops due to error "The process cannot access the file Worldserver.ldb because it is being used by another process".

Both TM and terminology database included in the downloaded WSXZ file are called W
... See more
Dear Colleagues,
can someone help me solve this problem I have with Trados Studio 2011 SP2R and WSXZ files exported from Idiom WorldServer for use with SDL Trados Studio 2009 or later?

Very often when I try to import an Idiom package (WSXZ file) in Studio, the process stops due to error "The process cannot access the file Worldserver.ldb because it is being used by another process".

Both TM and terminology database included in the downloaded WSXZ file are called Worldserver, and .ldb file should be a lock file of the terminology database. Other people can import the same packages in their computers without getting this error, so I think this issue is related to my computer/settings, but the SDL Knowledge Base does not help and I really don't know what to do.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Annalisa
Collapse

Silvia Poidimani
Silvia Poidimani  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Same problem, quite Urgent. Any help? Nov 6, 2013

I have the same problem.
I solved it exporting the project in ttx format, everything works in Trados Studio 2011, where I created a project and imported the TM, but when I try and reimport the ttx in WorldServer I get the error "The import attempt failed because the selected file does not have a recognizable extension by WorldServer, or metadata file is missing from the contents of the selected file if the file is a zip archive". I tried and import both a finalized ttx and a zip, but the
... See more
I have the same problem.
I solved it exporting the project in ttx format, everything works in Trados Studio 2011, where I created a project and imported the TM, but when I try and reimport the ttx in WorldServer I get the error "The import attempt failed because the selected file does not have a recognizable extension by WorldServer, or metadata file is missing from the contents of the selected file if the file is a zip archive". I tried and import both a finalized ttx and a zip, but the message is the same.

Is it because I try and import only part of a project, not the whole project? Is there any way to export/finalize a partially translated project to import in WorldServer?

Any help will be very appreciated.
Collapse

Ramón Robledano
Ramón Robledano  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
.ldb file Sep 26, 2014

Hi everyone,

did you by any chance find a solution for this problem?

I am experiencing exactly the same issue with SDL Studio 2014 SP1. I exported a .wsxz kit from WorldServer but Studio won't let me import it.

I'd be forever indebted if you could help me out here.

Thanks

Ramón

nannare
nannare  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
exclude the termbase from the export Sep 26, 2014

Hello,
a workaround to avoid the error "The process cannot access the file Worldserver.ldb because it is being used by another process" is to create and apply a filter for the termbase in WS that excludes all entries contained in the termbase. By so doing, the exported package will not contain any entries from the termbase and Studio will import the package without problems. If you need to have the termbase in the Studio environment you can always download it separately.
Annalisa

_stephan
_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Repair/Update SDL WorldServer Components Oct 7, 2015

See here.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/267832-error_message_when_importing_a_worldserver_project_package_file_wsxz_in_studio_2011_2014.html#2478194

We also tried excluding the TB first, which worked fine but is obviously not a good solution in
... See more
See here.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/267832-error_message_when_importing_a_worldserver_project_package_file_wsxz_in_studio_2011_2014.html#2478194

We also tried excluding the TB first, which worked fine but is obviously not a good solution in the long term. What did help in the end was to repair the WorldServer Components installation. Maybe it was all just a coincidence, no guaranteed solution.
Collapse

toversatt
toversatt
Japan
Local time: 21:11
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Updating WorldServer components? Dec 15, 2015

Hello,

I am now also experiencing this issue. I'm running SDL Trados Studio 2015 - 12.0.4961.2, I'm downloading packages from WorldServer 10.4.3.195.

I have tried to repair the WorldServer Components installation, but there is no change. I still get the error message, Studio claims everything is up to date.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround? Where can I download/re-install the WorldServer components?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011: error importing packages from Idiom WorldServer

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »