Mobile menu

Translated text colours
Thread poster: Simoontje
Oct 20, 2004

At my company we just started using trados 6.5 (6.5.5 build 438). I adapted the translated text colours to:

Source: unchanged
Target (100%): Dark Cyan
Target (Fuzzy match): Dark magenta

However, when I translate a text that has 100% matches, fuzzy matches and new segments, after I close the segment, they all became dark cyan. The same happens when I pre-translate (I only pre-translate 100% matches in order not to miss any changes).
Since we get a lot of updates on texts that have only recently be translated, I don't (always) want to review my 100% matches. I called Trados support, and according to them 'when you validate a segment, it is regarded as a 100%'. With Trados 3 it was possible to produce a bilingual file (and actually also in WordFast), hence improving the review process. Is there a workaround for this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:42
English to French
Pretranslate all (segmenting unknown segments) using your colours Oct 20, 2004

and switch to Unchanged for all colours before proceeding with your files. I think I used this workaround for the same kind of issue with Trados 5.5. A bit tedious though, and you have to remember to put colours back on every time...
Hope it helps,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text colours

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs