Translated text colours
Thread poster: Simoontje
Simoontje
English
Oct 20, 2004

At my company we just started using trados 6.5 (6.5.5 build 438). I adapted the translated text colours to:

Source: unchanged
Target (100%): Dark Cyan
Target (Fuzzy match): Dark magenta

However, when I translate a text that has 100% matches, fuzzy matches and new segments, after I close the segment, they all became dark cyan. The same happens when I pre-translate (I only pre-translate 100% matches in order not to miss any changes).
Since we get a lot of updates on texts that have only recently be translated, I don't (always) want to review my 100% matches. I called Trados support, and according to them 'when you validate a segment, it is regarded as a 100%'. With Trados 3 it was possible to produce a bilingual file (and actually also in WordFast), hence improving the review process. Is there a workaround for this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:49
English to French
Pretranslate all (segmenting unknown segments) using your colours Oct 20, 2004

and switch to Unchanged for all colours before proceeding with your files. I think I used this workaround for the same kind of issue with Trados 5.5. A bit tedious though, and you have to remember to put colours back on every time...
Hope it helps,
Philippe

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text colours

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs