Kerstin Knepper
Kerstin Knepper  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:38
English to German
+ ...
Nov 12, 2013

Hi all,

since today this error message appears every time I open Studio 2011. I have of course tried the usual switching it off and on again.

The error message appears in a window and gives a choice of either closing the programme (which closes just this error window but not Trados entirely) or looking for a solution online and then closing the programme (which does absolutely nothing except the error window is closed after a few seconds).

Trados itself d
... See more
Hi all,

since today this error message appears every time I open Studio 2011. I have of course tried the usual switching it off and on again.

The error message appears in a window and gives a choice of either closing the programme (which closes just this error window but not Trados entirely) or looking for a solution online and then closing the programme (which does absolutely nothing except the error window is closed after a few seconds).

Trados itself does seem to work fine but I worry that this could lead to further problems. I have also tried to search for an update via the menu bar within Trados but that just brought up the same error message.

Is anyone able to help?

Thanks and best,
Kerstin
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:38
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Happens to me too Nov 12, 2013

Because I didn't make any changes to the system, and because the updater seemed to have worked just fine since I first installed Studio and untill today, I currently write it off as a temporary issue (probably related to the communication with SDL servers) that will be resolved in a matter of time. If this error will persist for more than a couple of days I will probably try to investigate further, but in the meantime I don't think that there is a reason to stress about it. The updater crashing ... See more
Because I didn't make any changes to the system, and because the updater seemed to have worked just fine since I first installed Studio and untill today, I currently write it off as a temporary issue (probably related to the communication with SDL servers) that will be resolved in a matter of time. If this error will persist for more than a couple of days I will probably try to investigate further, but in the meantime I don't think that there is a reason to stress about it. The updater crashing shouldn't have any effect on the functionality of the Studio version installed.

You can also disable Automatic Updates so the error won't show up when you start Studio, but I think that this is a bit excessive at this point, and it is generally a good idea to leave Automatic Updates enabled.

[Edited at 2013-11-12 14:04 GMT]
Collapse

Kerstin Knepper
Kerstin Knepper  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply Nov 12, 2013

Thank you Shai, perhaps we'll meet again here in due course then...

Gfarley
Gfarley
Norway
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
Me too, with Studio 2009 Nov 12, 2013

So it probably is a temporary SDL problem.

[Edited at 2013-11-12 14:20 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Update feature Nov 12, 2013

Hi

Currently, we have a problem with our update server, hence the error message.
We are aware of this problem and trying to fix this asap.

In the meantime you can avoid the message with every start of SDL Trados Studio or SDL MultiTerm by turning off the automatic update feature as a temporary workaround...

...for Studio 2014 in:
File > Options > Automatic Updates

...for Studio 2011 in:
Tools > Options > Automatic Updates... See more
Hi

Currently, we have a problem with our update server, hence the error message.
We are aware of this problem and trying to fix this asap.

In the meantime you can avoid the message with every start of SDL Trados Studio or SDL MultiTerm by turning off the automatic update feature as a temporary workaround...

...for Studio 2014 in:
File > Options > Automatic Updates

...for Studio 2011 in:
Tools > Options > Automatic Updates

Regards
Richard Puschmann | Support Engineer | SDL | Language Technologies Division |

Have a problem with our support? Maybe you already can find an answer in our Knowledge Base here: http://kb.sdl.com

Here you find solutions to known issues and many more....

If you want to keep up-2-date with the latest released articles you can also follow us on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richard___P
Collapse

Estelle Chauvet
Estelle Chauvet
France
English to French
Return packages cannot be opened Nov 13, 2013

Hi Richard,

I'm also having this issue. I've used your trick and now the error message does not display anymore when launching Studio. However, the return packages I create cannot be opened. I'm getting an error message. Any idea why?

Thanks,
Estelle

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:38
English to Hebrew
+ ...
The updter crashing issue seems to be solved now Nov 13, 2013

Seems like everything is working fine again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 error "TrueUpdate Client not working"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »