https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/25976-help_with_spellcheck_in_tageditor.html

Help with spellcheck in Tageditor
Thread poster: marnic
marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 25, 2004

Hello,

I am using TagEditor (Trados Freelance 6.5) to translate a ppt file. I have selected the option "Check spelling" but cannot get the spellcheck to work.
Am I missing something?

THanks a lot

Marianna

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:31
English to German
+ ...
Error message? Oct 25, 2004

Hi Marianna,
I am using TagEditor (Trados Freelance 6.5) to translate a ppt file. I have selected the option "Check spelling" but cannot get the spellcheck to work.

Can you please be more specific - do you get an error message, or is something disabled?

Am I missing something?

Perhaps this one (taken from TagEditor Help)?

The spelling checkers only check target text. Because of this, the spelling checkers will not run unless the document is a TRADOStag document (TTX file) with at least one segment translated.

Taken from: TagEditor Help.(c) 2003, TRADOS Taken From: TagEditor Help. (c) 2003, TRADOS Incorporated.

Maybe that helps...?

Best regards,
Ralf

marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No error message Oct 25, 2004

Hi Ralf,

I don't get any error message. I select a word in an open or closed segment (in the tageditor converted ppt file) and then click on check-spelling, but nothing happens (the word is intentionally spelt wrong).Thank you.

marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Oct 25, 2004

Hi,

I just solved the problem by clicking on tools/plug-ins/spelling-checkers/word spelling checker.

Marianna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with spellcheck in Tageditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »