Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
SDL Studio 2014: Error message - Sequence contains more than one matching element
Thread poster: Christina Stuettgen-Williams
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:46
French to English
+ ...
Same bug Nov 21, 2014

"Sequence contains no matching element".

I have no idea what this means. This is not a monolingual termbase, and the term is not a duplicate. I did not set any related verification criteria, so there is nothing to reset.

Same bug recurs for any terms, irrespective of term.

Does this have to do with the Java version, whatever it is or should be and isn't?

Thank you for resolving this issue.

Being unable to add terms to the term
... See more
"Sequence contains no matching element".

I have no idea what this means. This is not a monolingual termbase, and the term is not a duplicate. I did not set any related verification criteria, so there is nothing to reset.

Same bug recurs for any terms, irrespective of term.

Does this have to do with the Java version, whatever it is or should be and isn't?

Thank you for resolving this issue.

Being unable to add terms to the termbase on-the-fly makes MT pretty useless.

I have SLD Trados Studio 2014 SP1 - 11.1.4095.0, which seems to be up to date.

Am I missing something?

Collapse

Nicholas Stedman
Nicholas Stedman  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:46
French to English
Same Bug Dec 6, 2014

Very annoying

can't add terms to the term base and have tried all above "solutions"
Many thanks for help
In fact since updating to 2014 SP2 i have had quite a few new problems with the termbase and basically can't add new terms

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:46
English
If you have tried the things noted... Dec 6, 2014

... in this thead and still can't resolve this please log a case with the solution finder. We are investigating a few things around Term Recognition at the moment so if the support engineers can't resolve this for you when you log a case it will at least be useful feedback for the development team, especially if the support engineer is able to see how to reproduce this issue themselves.
... See more
... in this thead and still can't resolve this please log a case with the solution finder. We are investigating a few things around Term Recognition at the moment so if the support engineers can't resolve this for you when you log a case it will at least be useful feedback for the development team, especially if the support engineer is able to see how to reproduce this issue themselves.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Jenny Scott
Jenny Scott  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:46
Member (2011)
Norwegian to English
Delete the file, re-download it and try again Nov 2, 2015

I was getting the message 'sequence contains no matching element' for EVERY segment in a package file. I tried various of the solutions listed above, unchecked lots of things in the Verification settings, but nothing worked.

In the end, I deleted the file, closed down Trados, re-downloaded the file from my client and started again. This is what worked for me.

Worth a try!

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:46
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same error in Studio 2015 Nov 30, 2015

I have had Studio 2015 since it came out and have not been able to run it yet.

Most of the time I get a "sequence contains no matching element" error, after which I resort back to 2014 to do my work.

Disabling all term bases "resolves" the error message, but I agree with an earlier comment that it is not a solution to not have access to term bases.

If it has to do with Java, I thought Studio was not dependent on Java anymore?
How do I resolve
... See more

Most of the time I get a "sequence contains no matching element" error, after which I resort back to 2014 to do my work.

Disabling all term bases "resolves" the error message, but I agree with an earlier comment that it is not a solution to not have access to term bases.

How do I resolve the issue?

[Edited at 2015-11-30 16:48 GMT]
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:46
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
"NO matching element" error resolved Dec 7, 2015

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

How do I resolve the issue?

Glad to report that the most recent version 12.0.4961.2 resolved this issue and I am finally working "in 2015"!

Mokhtar Nabaleh
Mokhtar Nabaleh
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Remove term-bases from project settings Jun 6, 2017

Remove term-bases from project settings >> worked for me as a quick solution in SDL Studio 2015.

[Edited at 2017-06-06 20:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-06-06 20:54 GMT]

xquynhvn
xquynhvn
Vietnam
Issued partly solved Nov 29, 2017

Hi all, I am a new user to SDL Trados 2015 and I've come across this error also.

I've found out that this problem is related to probably 2 sections:

1/ Language pairs of the termbase: it has to exactly match with the project language pairs. I've experimented the case that: project: en-US + vn, termbase: en + vn and hitted this error again, but the other one: project: en-US + vn, termbase: en-US + vn, it did not have the error.

2/ 'Minimum match val
... See more
Hi all, I am a new user to SDL Trados 2015 and I've come across this error also.

I've found out that this problem is related to probably 2 sections:

1/ Language pairs of the termbase: it has to exactly match with the project language pairs. I've experimented the case that: project: en-US + vn, termbase: en + vn and hitted this error again, but the other one: project: en-US + vn, termbase: en-US + vn, it did not have the error.

2/ 'Minimum match value' in Project Settings -> Language Pairs -> All LP -> Termbase -> Search Settings. I've adjusted it to 30% and added a number of terms to my empty termbase and restarted the SDL Trados, finally it worked!

Hope it works for you too.

[Edited at 2017-11-30 02:54 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2014: Error message - Sequence contains more than one matching element

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »