Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:20
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 29, 2004

Hi there.

I'm trying to clean up a translation I did and I get the above error. Any ideas what this might mean?

Thanks.
Sandra

Alejandra Villarroel
Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
What CAT Tool? Oct 29, 2004

Sandra Alboum wrote:

Hi there.

I'm trying to clean up a translation I did and I get the above error. Any ideas what this might mean?

Thanks.
Sandra

Sandra Alboum
United States
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry ... Oct 29, 2004

Trados 6.5 FL version.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:20
English to German
+ ...
Can you save the file as RTF? Oct 29, 2004

Hi Sandra,
Trados 6.5 FL version.

Can you please provide the full version number (go to Help - About...)?

You didn't specify what type of file you're working on; assuming that it's a Word file (...which Word version?), can you save it as RTF? If that doesn't work, you know the source of your error.

Best regards, Ralf

Sandra Alboum
United States
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here you go... Oct 29, 2004

Ralf,

Full Version #: 6.5.2.417 (that's for Workbench)

And yes, I could save it as an rtf with no problem - and when I tried to clean that, I got the same error!

Sandra

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Word version? Reorganised TM? Oct 29, 2004

Thanks, Sandra,
Again - which Word version are you using? Was the document created using another version of Word (contrary to common belief, different versions of Word produce different RTF file structures - this can sometimes lead to problems)?

Exploring another route, you could try reorganising your TM, or even recreate it (export - create new TM - import). If you go to the properties of your TM, what database version is shown there?

Are you aware of the
... See more
Thanks, Sandra,
Again - which Word version are you using? Was the document created using another version of Word (contrary to common belief, different versions of Word produce different RTF file structures - this can sometimes lead to problems)?

Exploring another route, you could try reorganising your TM, or even recreate it (export - create new TM - import). If you go to the properties of your TM, what database version is shown there?

Are you aware of the tw4winClean.Main macro that allows you to get rid of source text & tags without running a cleanup process? Make sure to create a backup copy of your bilingual file before running the macro - once you have sorted out the problem, you may want to re-run the process, in order to update your TM with any editing changes made subsequently; the macro doesn't do that, of course.

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

amj_services (X)
amj_services (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
I found the answer! Sep 16, 2005

Dear Sandra:

The exact same thing happened to me!! When I try to winalign two Word XP documents, this error appeared!
After converting from and into .doc and .rft, the same message kept coming back!
But....I converted my Word documents into .html, format also supported by WinAlign, and then I clicked Align File Pairs and it worked!

Cheers!
Alicia

Simon Foakes
Simon Foakes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:20
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Problem solved when cleaning file Nov 17, 2006

I had the same problem when cleaning up a file. The file contained two graphs with text boxes in them. I saved my file under a new name, deleted the two images, cleaned up with nor problem, then copy-pasted the images back into the clean file. This also updated my TM.

I didn't have the patience to find out if it was the graph or text boxes that were causing the problem, but I reckon it must have been one or the other.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 352533424: Can't process RTF Format

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »