Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:38
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 31, 2004

Hello everybody,

I'm new with Trados and I haved a little problem that I can't fix.

I was in the middle of my translation when I noticed there was a mistake 2 sentences behind.

I finished translating this one, made "close", went to the other segment and pressed "alt/home", corrected, made "set/close next open/get" and that was ok. Then I made this again and I can't get out of this last sentence. I do "close" and it doesn´t close. I do "set/close next open/
... See more
Hello everybody,

I'm new with Trados and I haved a little problem that I can't fix.

I was in the middle of my translation when I noticed there was a mistake 2 sentences behind.

I finished translating this one, made "close", went to the other segment and pressed "alt/home", corrected, made "set/close next open/get" and that was ok. Then I made this again and I can't get out of this last sentence. I do "close" and it doesn´t close. I do "set/close next open/get" and it doesn´t go to the other sentence. In this sentence I've got the original in blue and the translation (which I had already made - a simple "No") in green.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance,
Ivana
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:38
English to German
+ ...
Fix Document Oct 31, 2004

Hi Ivana,
You didn't mention what type of file you're working on - I assume it's Word.

Have you tried Fix Document from the Trados menu?

Best regards,
Ralf

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 1, 2004

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for your help. I couldn't answer to you sooner because when I try to write in here there's a window "saying" there was an error and then another window comes and asks me if I want to "debug" I don't know what.

Anyway, the document format was word, indeed.

Thank you once again,
Ivana

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:38
English to German
+ ...
Did 'Fix Document' work? Nov 1, 2004

Hi again,
Thank you for your help. I couldn't answer to you sooner because when I try to write in here there's a window "saying" there was an error and then another window comes and asks me if I want to "debug" I don't know what.

I'd love to get into what caused this error, but I'm afraid your description is, er, a bit vague...

Anyway, the document format was word, indeed.

...and which version?

Just joking (this time...), but it's generally useful to quote which version you're using.

Just curious whether you managed to solve your problem?

Best, Ralf

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it worked. Nov 1, 2004

Hi again Ralf,

If it hadn't worked I guess I would have made you another question about the problem.

I know my description of the error/debug problem was a bit vague. I will write it down as soon as it shows up again to satisfy your curiosity. I don't know if it has to do with the computer. We've been having some problems with our computers at home. I don't have access to internet anymore in my computer a
... See more
Hi again Ralf,

If it hadn't worked I guess I would have made you another question about the problem.

I know my description of the error/debug problem was a bit vague. I will write it down as soon as it shows up again to satisfy your curiosity. I don't know if it has to do with the computer. We've been having some problems with our computers at home. I don't have access to internet anymore in my computer and this one (my husband's) has been having the "error/debug I don't know what" problem. I'm not actually a computers expert, and my husband didn't have the time to take a close look at it yet.

By the way, it is "word 2000".

Regards,
Ivana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't close segment

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »