Insufficient privileges - Error 108
Thread poster: Marco Oberto
Helen Moss
Helen Moss  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:11
French to English
No Support Contract Oct 17, 2014

Thanks for the reply Paul, but I cannot see how to log a support case without a support contract. I have used the Solution Finder, but the site frustratingly puts me in a loop of consulting articles and then I end up going round in circles. How do I get to talk to someone or get support on this issue without taking out a support contract? Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2014-10-17 13:32 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:11
English
Using the Solution Finder Oct 17, 2014

Hi Helen,

Try this. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( or just go here http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio / SDL Passsolo - 2011 or 2014
-- I receive
... See more
Hi Helen,

Try this. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( or just go here http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio / SDL Passsolo - 2011 or 2014
-- I receive an error message when (de-)activating my software
--- I have a Single User License
---- None of the provided solutions worked, or are relevant for me (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Helen Moss
United Kingdom
French to English
Licensing Diagnostic Tool not working Oct 17, 2014

Hi Paul
Thanks very much for your reply. I have now hit another problem - holding Control and pressing F10 does not give me the diagnostic tool. I don't know what I might be doing wrong - any ideas?
Thanks
Helen

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Not sure why... Oct 17, 2014

... you're trying to use this tool Helen. I think you have a Single User Activation Code as opposed to needing to use the Licensing Server Toolkit. Did you log a support ticket?

Regards

Paul

Helen Moss
United Kingdom
French to English
As instructed Oct 17, 2014

Hi Paul
When I go to 'None of the provided solutions worked or are relevant for me' in order to access the support form, the article begins:

First, run the Licensing Diagnostics Tool on your machine, as explained in KB article #4821.

I cannot do this. So are you saying that I can log a support ticket without this step?

Thanks
Helen

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Ok - I see this seems to be left there... Oct 17, 2014

... from the steps for the network license. Our fault!

But yes, you can log a case without doing this anyway. Good to see someone following the instructions so diligently... bad to see we didn't make it easy!!

Regards

Paul

Helen Moss
United Kingdom
French to English
Thanks... Oct 17, 2014

for all your help. I logged the support ticket. Fingers crossed you can help asap! Have a good weekend.
Helen

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Can anyone confirm if this works? Oct 24, 2014

LuVindeMaclean wrote:
So the license server company (Nalpeiron) has created a patch to install, you can find it here...

The link Vinde gave redirects to this:
http://www.updatemyservice.com/

It looks a bit fishy... can anyone confirm if this patch is safe?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Server fix Oct 24, 2014

Hi Samuel,

We ship the updated service with Studio 2014 + Latest CU so nobody should need to do this. For 2011 we have two solutions. This one:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4497

or alternatively this one:

1. Goto: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ - select and rename: nlssrv32.exe to nlssrv32.old
2. Goto: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ - - select
... See more
Hi Samuel,

We ship the updated service with Studio 2014 + Latest CU so nobody should need to do this. For 2011 we have two solutions. This one:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4497

or alternatively this one:

1. Goto: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ - select and rename: nlssrv32.exe to nlssrv32.old
2. Goto: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ - - select and rename: nalserv.exe to nalserv.old
3. Now download and install the latest Studio CU from: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5093

We checked their KB for this problem and the article they used to update for this now links to exactly the same link as the one you provided. So it appears to be genuine and you could apply this server fix if you like.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Rita Maia
Rita Maia  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
"Insufficient privileges - Error 108" + Error 1722 - The RPC server is unavailable Jun 17, 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem: can't open SDL Trados Studio 2011 (message: Insufficient privileges - Error 108).

I have tried the following steps (mentioned here: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=4497#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4497 ) but couldn't move past #7:

1. Click Start > Run...
2. Type: services.msc
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem: can't open SDL Trados Studio 2011 (message: Insufficient privileges - Error 108).

I have tried the following steps (mentioned here: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=4497#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4497 ) but couldn't move past #7:

1. Click Start > Run...
2. Type: services.msc
3. The Services dialog will open.
4. Scroll in the list to:
Nalpeiron Licensing Service
Nalpeiron Control Service
5. Right-click on Nalpeiron Control Service and select Properties.
6. In the Properties dialog box, switch the Start Up Type option to Automatic.
7. Click Apply and OK to confirm the changes.
8. Right-click on the service name again and choose Start.
9. Repeat step 5 to 8 with the service Nalpeiron Licesing Service.
10. Close the Service dialog and start Studio again.

When I try to get Nalpeiron Licensing Service or Nalpeiron Control Service to run/start I get this message: "Error: 1722 - The RPC server is unavailable."

Can anyone help, please?

Thank you.
Collapse

Marcin Śmietana
Marcin Śmietana  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Passolo Essential 2011, error 108 and 65. Nov 27, 2015

Hi,

I have a similar problem with Passolo Essential 2011 (Nov. 2014 version) on Windows 7 Professional.

First I get error 108 - insufficient privileges, and then, when I follow the instructions to run the application as an administrator, I get "Service missing or version not current - 65". My license has not been activated yet, and it stands as 'available' on my account, but I still get the screen with these errors and "deactivate" button.

Can it be solved
... See more
Hi,

I have a similar problem with Passolo Essential 2011 (Nov. 2014 version) on Windows 7 Professional.

First I get error 108 - insufficient privileges, and then, when I follow the instructions to run the application as an administrator, I get "Service missing or version not current - 65". My license has not been activated yet, and it stands as 'available' on my account, but I still get the screen with these errors and "deactivate" button.

Can it be solved for Passolo in a similar fashion? Unfortunately, there is nothing in the knowledge base concerning these errors with Passolo.

Regards,

Marcin
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
Insufficient Privileges Nov 30, 2015

Hi Rita Hi Marcin,

I am presuming you have followed the previous instruction to no avail.
So that we can help further- could you please provide the last order numbers on your SDL account please.
This way I can confirm license version and the next steps.

Kr

Steve

Fang Tan
Fang Tan
China
Local time: 22:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
A simple fix Jan 6, 2017

Dear All,

thank you for the above reports on your experience in dealing with the Error 108. I also encountered this problem when I reinstalled my Windows 10 system a few days ago, and the registry information of my SDL Trados 2011 went lost. Luckily enlightened by your posts, I figured out a simple fix.

The 108 error is obviously caused by the too advanced system environment. (Above Win 7, I suppose.) So I configured the prog link to run the program in compatibility mo
... See more
Dear All,

thank you for the above reports on your experience in dealing with the Error 108. I also encountered this problem when I reinstalled my Windows 10 system a few days ago, and the registry information of my SDL Trados 2011 went lost. Luckily enlightened by your posts, I figured out a simple fix.

The 108 error is obviously caused by the too advanced system environment. (Above Win 7, I suppose.) So I configured the prog link to run the program in compatibility mode. To do this, you only need to right click the SDL Trados Studio icon, choose property, go to the compatibility tab, and tick the "run the program in compatibility mode". Under this check box, there are different systems to choose from. I thought any version of the Windows XP would be fine, so I chose Window XP (Service Pack 3), and it worked!!

Hope this method will help most of you solve the problem.

Fang
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Insufficient privileges - Error 108

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »