Dowloading Trados 6.5 Freelance on new Microsoft XP.
Thread poster: Bernadette Mora
Bernadette Mora
Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 2, 2004

Hi everybody

Last week I changed my software and now I have Pentium IV, Microsoft XP and ADSL connection. However, as I had lots of Trojan viruses, the hard disk had to be formatted and consequently Trados was erased from my PC. Now I am trying to download it again and I have some problems and it's fishy 'cause when I had Windows Millenium it could be downloaded perfectly and it ran smoothly.
I downloaded Trados installer in my documents and when I access to the folder and whe
... See more
Hi everybody

Last week I changed my software and now I have Pentium IV, Microsoft XP and ADSL connection. However, as I had lots of Trojan viruses, the hard disk had to be formatted and consequently Trados was erased from my PC. Now I am trying to download it again and I have some problems and it's fishy 'cause when I had Windows Millenium it could be downloaded perfectly and it ran smoothly.
I downloaded Trados installer in my documents and when I access to the folder and when I'm installing it (after license key and languages) I get the following error:

C:\DOCUME-1\ADMIN-1\LOCALS-1\Temp\Rar$DI76.256/Program Files\Trados\T65_FL\Samples\...\chapter2.fm.

Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

And then I have to abort everything and Trados is uninstalled.

Any idea about what's happening?

Thanks for your help.

Bernadette
Collapse

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
I know what you are meaning... Nov 2, 2004

I experienced the same as you as the zip file had been unpacked in another windows version. I can't say much about it, I unpacked it again and it worked fine.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
What did you use to extract the archive? Nov 2, 2004

Hi again,
My best guess is that you used the built-in WinXP extraction utility to unzip the downloaded file. Forget that, and use WinZip or a similar utility instead.

HTH, Ralf

Bernadette Mora
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Downloading Trados 6.5 Freelance on new Microsoft XP Nov 2, 2004

Hi Ralf,

Which version of Winzip do you recommend me?
The ones I've tried from Internet are only for evaluation and are a bit fishy.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Regards,

Bernadette

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,
My best guess is that you used the built-in WinXP extraction utility to unzip the downloaded file. Forget that, and use WinZip or a similar utility instead.

HTH, Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Various possibilities Nov 2, 2004

Hi again,

I can't recommend anything, but I'm using WinZip 9.0 and StuffIt - the websites have the same name.

Here we go again... ...what exactly is the problem with them? "Fishy" is not a very precise description, I'm afraid...

Thanks, Ralf

Bernadette Mora
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Downloading Trados 6.5 Freelance on new Microsoft XP Nov 3, 2004

Hello again!

Good news! finally everything unzipped successfully and Trados is running smoothly!
I followed your instructions. When I referred to "fishy" I really meant that in some cases I tried to download a Winzip version (free) from pages that were unsafe because my anti-virus system prevented me from downloading them.
Thanks a lot for your help.
I'm ready to use again my beloved Trados!
Regards,
Bernadette

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,

I can't recommend anything, but I'm using WinZip 9.0 and StuffIt - the websites have the same name.

Here we go again... ...what exactly is the problem with them? "Fishy" is not a very precise description, I'm afraid...

Thanks, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dowloading Trados 6.5 Freelance on new Microsoft XP.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »