Cross references to figures in "active document"
Thread poster: pbarnes
pbarnes
pbarnes
Local time: 15:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2004

I am having trouble with the "active" cross references to Figures and the Table of Contents in a Word (2000) document I am translating using Translator Workbench v. 5.0.1.217.
Is there a standard way of doing this?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:30
English to German
+ ...
Bookmark Handler Nov 5, 2004

Hi "pbarnes",
I assume you're referring to a ToC that's created using the corresponding Word function. You cannot translate it, as it's nothing but a list of cross-references to section headings (which must be formatted accordingly). The usual workflow is to translate the document and to re-create the ToC after cleanup. (If you don't have the proper document template that was used to create the document, I would recommend leaving this final formatting to your customer.)

Regard
... See more
Hi "pbarnes",
I assume you're referring to a ToC that's created using the corresponding Word function. You cannot translate it, as it's nothing but a list of cross-references to section headings (which must be formatted accordingly). The usual workflow is to translate the document and to re-create the ToC after cleanup. (If you don't have the proper document template that was used to create the document, I would recommend leaving this final formatting to your customer.)

Regarding cross-references, may I suggest to search for "bookmark handler" in the forum search. Contact me through my profile if you need the Trados BookmarkHandler macro.

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cross references to figures in "active document"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »