Mobile menu

Trados 6.5.5 freelance and Trados 6.5
Thread poster: Marocas

Marocas  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:19
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Nov 6, 2004

I was reading the Translator Group Buying and, as I am totally new to Trados, I am confused.

Both TRADOS 6.5.5 Freelance and Trados 6.5 are mentioned. Example:

“TRADOS 6.5 Freelance
Never translate the same sentence twice

The latest version of the flagship TRADOS translation memory tool, TRADOS 6.5.5 Freelance is the definitive productivity solution for freelancers.”

Are they two different versions or are they just the same? The same thing happens with the TranslationZone page. The two versions are mentioned. I already wrote to TranslationZone, but so far I have not received an answer.

Another question about the group buying: price includes platinum membership for 6 months. I already have a platinum membership for 3 years, will these 6 months be added to my current membership?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:19
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Both are the same Nov 6, 2004

Trados 6.5 is the latest version, and 6.5.5 is the "lates evolution stage". This could be compared to service packs, issued by MS. Although the latest versin of Windows is the XP, there are a lot of modifications in the last Service Pack 2, making it almost a new operating system.

The improvement in 6.5.5 is IMO quite big...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5.5 freelance and Trados 6.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs