https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/26496-how_to_access_a_multiterm_server.html

How to access a Multiterm server?
Thread poster: Maciej Rychlik
Maciej Rychlik
Maciej Rychlik
Local time: 09:52
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2004

Dear Translators,

I'm just taking my first steps with Trados 6.5 that comes with Multiterm IX. The help file says I can access a termbase server and import entries off the server (plus export self-created ones), only that I need a special 'user profile'. What is this profile exactly? I.e. what do I need to do to be able to hook up to a Multiterm server? Is it at all possible. PS Sorry if this is silly...

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:52
English to Polish
+ ...
Ask your client or use a local termbase Nov 9, 2004

Maciej Rychlik wrote:

Dear Translators,

I'm just taking my first steps with Trados 6.5 that comes with Multiterm IX. The help file says I can access a termbase server and import entries off the server (plus export self-created ones), only that I need a special 'user profile'. What is this profile exactly? I.e. what do I need to do to be able to hook up to a Multiterm server? Is it at all possible. PS Sorry if this is silly...

I think it's possible, if your client (translation agency or another terminology provider) has a multiterm server. Otherwise just use a local termbase (set it up yourself or use one provided by your client). I think there is a help topic about how to set up one.

HTH

Piotr

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:52
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados Nov 10, 2004

The Trados CD for freelance 6.5 has a great tutorial. I recommend you look check that out or read the Q&A from the Trados site.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to access a Multiterm server?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »