Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Java 7 update 55 (build 1.7.0_55-b13) problems with MultiTerm
Thread poster: JimShanks
JimShanks
JimShanks
Local time: 13:11
Dutch to English
Apr 16, 2014

Been away a week and Java I update 55 installed itself on my return - sneaked in under the radar.
Every time I try to add a new term I now get the following warning (it opens up two Security Warning boxes!) and none of the previous solutions seem to fix it:
"This web site is requesting access and control of the Java application shown above. Allow access only if you trust the web site and know that the application is intended to run on this site. Allow access to the following applica
... See more
Been away a week and Java I update 55 installed itself on my return - sneaked in under the radar.
Every time I try to add a new term I now get the following warning (it opens up two Security Warning boxes!) and none of the previous solutions seem to fix it:
"This web site is requesting access and control of the Java application shown above. Allow access only if you trust the web site and know that the application is intended to run on this site. Allow access to the following applications from the is web site?"

That is the whole of the message. If I click yes I can add the term. However, 2 security warnings are displayed next time I try to add a term.

Help anyone? Paul Filkin? SDL Support.

Failing that, anyone know how to roll this back to the previous version?

Thanks
Jim
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:11
English
Try lowering... Apr 16, 2014

... your security setting in the Java Control Panel.

Also, when you say you tried everything, did you try KB #5060 and the automatic fix?

Regards

Paul

JimShanks
JimShanks
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
No joy Paul Apr 17, 2014

Hi Paul.
I have reinstalled update 55 this morning after rolling back last night.
The same problem occurs.
I already have the lowest possible security setting (Medium).
I downloaded and ran the autofix which resulted in two warning windows being displayed at the end of execution.
1. The activation process finished with errors.
2. The activation could not be finished successfully. The following list describes the error details: Problem executing command: C:\W
... See more
Hi Paul.
I have reinstalled update 55 this morning after rolling back last night.
The same problem occurs.
I already have the lowest possible security setting (Medium).
I downloaded and ran the autofix which resulted in two warning windows being displayed at the end of execution.
1. The activation process finished with errors.
2. The activation could not be finished successfully. The following list describes the error details: Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe/ijre1.7.0_51/msi/qn /norestart (Strange upside down V symbol here)".\Java_uninstall_LOG.log.
The problem has not been resolved. 2 security warnings are still displayed when trying to add a term.
I have no time now to further troubleshoot as work is pressing so I will have to roll back Java once again to get going.
Any suggestions as where to progress from here? I will attempt reinstall and any proposed solutions over the weekend.
Thanks
Jim
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
In that case... Apr 17, 2014

... log a support case via the solution finder. There is a node for Java issues and the support team will help you to resolve this.

Regards

Paul

Hope Farmer
Hope Farmer
Spain
German to English
+ ...
Java update 55 - making your customers do the work again Apr 22, 2014

Fortunately I stopped Java updates and did not end up with 55 installed (yet), but I had major problems with 51, and the Termbase is still not working completely. See here.

I hope that for this Java version SDL will solve this so that SDL's own (expensive) software will automatically fix
... See more
Fortunately I stopped Java updates and did not end up with 55 installed (yet), but I had major problems with 51, and the Termbase is still not working completely. See here.

I hope that for this Java version SDL will solve this so that SDL's own (expensive) software will automatically fix itself without the customers having to go search for a fix (KB article) and download, install, uninstall, reinstall, change configurations and, finally, end up logging a support ticket anyway.

Please, Paul, could you post progress on this issue to this thread?
Collapse

JimShanks
JimShanks
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Progress update Apr 22, 2014

I am not sure if I am the only one having this problem, and if others are holding off updating to Java update 55 while keeping an eye on the forum to see if there are problems. So I am posting this update!
I followed Paul's advice and logged a case (I have a support agreement!).
However, my problems remain despite the best efforts of SDL Support in a remote session. My case is still open and in the interim I have rolled-back to Java update 51 which does work perfectly.
Bizar
... See more
I am not sure if I am the only one having this problem, and if others are holding off updating to Java update 55 while keeping an eye on the forum to see if there are problems. So I am posting this update!
I followed Paul's advice and logged a case (I have a support agreement!).
However, my problems remain despite the best efforts of SDL Support in a remote session. My case is still open and in the interim I have rolled-back to Java update 51 which does work perfectly.
Bizarrely I only have the problem on my Windows 7 computer - the update installed on my Vista laptop even with Java security settings on High (minimum recommended) without breaking MultiTerm.
I understand that an update for Studio is in the pipeline which may (or may not) solve the problem and am holding off updating Java until after the update.
Collapse

Mirjam Spekking
Mirjam Spekking  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same thing here May 1, 2014

I have the exact same situation, with the same two error messages that appear EVERY TIME I want to add or edit a multiterm entry.

It is very, very, very annoying. I have it on my Windows 7 computer (a virtual pc running on my Mac, otherwise functioning perfectly).

But this is extremely time consuming.

I'm going to roll back JAVA too, to 51 you say?

Hope that SDL will fix this soon!!!

Please, if anyone has a solution
... See more
I have the exact same situation, with the same two error messages that appear EVERY TIME I want to add or edit a multiterm entry.

It is very, very, very annoying. I have it on my Windows 7 computer (a virtual pc running on my Mac, otherwise functioning perfectly).

But this is extremely time consuming.

I'm going to roll back JAVA too, to 51 you say?

Hope that SDL will fix this soon!!!

Please, if anyone has a solution for this, post it here!

Regards,

Mirjam
Collapse

JimShanks
JimShanks
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
SP1 released so goalposts have move. May 1, 2014

Hi Mirjam,

SP1 has been released for STUDIO 2014 and for MultiTerm.

I have installed them and MultiTerm 2014 SP1 worked without problem under the version of Java that is installed with the Service Pack. Under this version (Java 8) the problem disappeared.

However, Java 8 required updating to 8.5 which I duly installed. Presto - the problem is back again with the warnings.

I have rolled back to Java 8 for MultiTerm 2014 SP1 and am awaiting a rem
... See more
Hi Mirjam,

SP1 has been released for STUDIO 2014 and for MultiTerm.

I have installed them and MultiTerm 2014 SP1 worked without problem under the version of Java that is installed with the Service Pack. Under this version (Java 8) the problem disappeared.

However, Java 8 required updating to 8.5 which I duly installed. Presto - the problem is back again with the warnings.

I have rolled back to Java 8 for MultiTerm 2014 SP1 and am awaiting a remote session with the technician to see if it can be resolved.

Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer, but I think you will have to upgrade Studio and MultiTerm to SP1 before taking your case further as you are now using an "old" version of the program - it may resolve it, but in my case did not.

It would be interesting to find out if you have the same result on upgrading - i.e. it works with Java 8 but not after updating to Java 8.5

Best wishes
Jim
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Maybe... May 1, 2014

Hi Jimshanks

Maybe you want to give the tool that is removing ALL Java versions and installs the latest Java 8 Update 5 a try. See for some details the post here:

See more
Hi Jimshanks

Maybe you want to give the tool that is removing ALL Java versions and installs the latest Java 8 Update 5 a try. See for some details the post here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/268441-multiterm_studio_2011_add_edit_term_problem_after_installing_cu13_or_latest_java_update.html

It is not specific to the 2011 versions and should also work in your case.

Kind regards
Richard Puschmann | Support Engineer | SDL | Language Technologies Division |

Have a problem with SDL products? Maybe you already can find an answer in our Knowledge Base here: http://kb.sdl.com
Here you find solutions to known issues and many more....
If you want to keep up-2-date with the latest released articles you can also follow me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richard___P
Collapse

JimShanks
JimShanks
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
No joy this time around either! May 2, 2014

Hi Richard,
Despite having tried this unsuccessfully for the previous version of MultiTerm, I have, nonetheless tried it again on SP1.
It still does not fix the problem.
I still await a remote session under my open support ticket
Jim

[Edited at 2014-05-02 21:47 GMT]

Mirjam Spekking
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Still SDL 2011 here May 4, 2014

Thanks for your advice jimshanks, but I am still working with SDL 2011 and I am not going to upgrade in the near future.

I must say that I find this very annoying. It slows me down, and the whole point of integrated Multiterm is gone, when you have to work like this...

By the way, I did roll back to 51, it worked for a few days, and now the system wants me to update to 55 and then I will probably have the same bother again...

I will try the java tool
... See more
Thanks for your advice jimshanks, but I am still working with SDL 2011 and I am not going to upgrade in the near future.

I must say that I find this very annoying. It slows me down, and the whole point of integrated Multiterm is gone, when you have to work like this...

By the way, I did roll back to 51, it worked for a few days, and now the system wants me to update to 55 and then I will probably have the same bother again...

I will try the java tool, to see what happens...and will let you know later...

Regards, and jimshanks, keep us posted...

Mirjam
Collapse

Mirjam Spekking
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Update, after removing java and installing 8 May 5, 2014

Well, I have the exact same problem again, have to click in two windows (if they open at all) on ok before I can enter an entry...

I'm going to submit a support request.

to be continued...

Mirjam

Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe
Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Solution Oct 20, 2014

Hello,
Have any of you found a solution because I am experiencing the exact same problem after having updated Java.
Fingers crossed that one of you come up with THE solution.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
a possible solution: Oct 21, 2014

Switch to CafeTran – a Java program that doesn't crash, ever.

Michael

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The solution in Studio 2014 SP2 (no java at all)... Oct 21, 2014

... will be available next month. In the meantime if you have problems working with terminology in Studio/MultiTerm because of Java issues please log a support case through the solution finder and a support engineer will be able to help you resolve it.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution F
... See more
... will be available next month. In the meantime if you have problems working with terminology in Studio/MultiTerm because of Java issues please log a support case through the solution finder and a support engineer will be able to help you resolve it.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

JAVA related issues with SDL MultiTerm
- I have SDL MultiTerm 2011/2014
-- I can no longer add or edit terms, or I get an error message when adding or editing terms
--- I have read the article and followed the instructions but I still have a problem

Pick the correct route as above and you will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form; and make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java 7 update 55 (build 1.7.0_55-b13) problems with MultiTerm

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »