Mobile menu

Trados Multiterm IX - adding terms using copy & paste?
Thread poster: xl8or
xl8or
Germany
Local time: 21:51
English to German
+ ...
Nov 24, 2004

Is it possible to Cut & Paste a term from another application (e.g. Word or browser) into Multiterm. I just can't seem to find any info on this one. Normally, I would simple right-click and paste the term.

Any thoughts?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-24 13:07]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:51
English to German
+ ...
Word template Nov 24, 2004

Hi,
You have a template in Word that allows you to connect to a termbase - highlight the source term, click on the icon showing a pencil and enter the target term. In this way, you can even add an attribute.

To use "cut&paste" from a browser, you need to add a new term entry first - while this is open, you can paste terms.

HTH, Ralf


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xl8or
Germany
Local time: 21:51
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
adding terms in Multiterm Nov 24, 2004

Many thanks ... unfortunately, I am still having a few problems. Once I have selected "Add", I click on "term" and an empty field appears (to the right). How can I enter the text I have copied from somewhere else into this field (right-clicking doesn't seem to work ). Have I missed something?

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi,
You have a template in Word that allows you to connect to a termbase - highlight the source term, click on the icon showing a pencil and enter the target term. In this way, you can even add an attribute.

To use "cut&paste" from a browser, you need to add a new term entry first - while this is open, you can paste terms.

HTH, Ralf


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Cut and paste from any application into Multiterm Nov 24, 2004

xl8or wrote:

Is it possible to Cut & Paste a term from another application (e.g. Word or browser) into Multiterm. I just can't seem to find any info on this one. Normally, I would simple right-click and paste the term.

Any thoughts?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-24 13:07]


In addition to the Word>MultiTerm interface, you can also copy and paste from other applications. Highlight the term in the source app, press [Ctrl]+c to copy the text to the Windows clipboard, then place the cursor in an empty field in MultiTerm. Press [Ctrl]+v to paste.

--
Steven Capsuto
Philadelphia, PA, USA


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xl8or
Germany
Local time: 21:51
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 24, 2004

Many thanks - eureka

Steven Capsuto wrote:

xl8or wrote:

Is it possible to Cut & Paste a term from another application (e.g. Word or browser) into Multiterm. I just can't seem to find any info on this one. Normally, I would simple right-click and paste the term.

Any thoughts?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-24 13:07]


In addition to the Word>MultiTerm interface, you can also copy and paste from other applications. Highlight the term in the source app, press [Ctrl]+c to copy the text to the Windows clipboard, then place the cursor in an empty field in MultiTerm. Press [Ctrl]+v to paste.

--
Steven Capsuto
Philadelphia, PA, USA


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Multiterm IX - adding terms using copy & paste?

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs