Best way to revise files in TagEditor
Thread poster: Laura Gentili

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:26
Partial member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 28, 2004

I am doing a translation with TagEditor (the files were extracted from PageMaker) and I don't know what the best way is to revise the files after having translated them.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote
English to German
+ ...
it is better in PageMaker Nov 28, 2004

HI!Import the stories into PageMaker and do the revision, it is better, that is my experience. Brandis

Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
View/Preview option in Tag Editor Nov 29, 2004

You can also use the View/Preview options on the bottom of the Tag Editor screen and then print both Source and Target to do the proofreading. That's what I usually do and I find it pretty neat since we can then go to the edit option (also on the bottom of the screen) and enter any corrections.

Best regards,
Mónica Machado
English into Portuguese Translator
Member of APT and IOL and Associate Member of ITI

[Edited at 2004-12-27 14:20]

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:26
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I save the source in rtf Dec 11, 2004

... and send those to my proofreader. Then I do the changes in TagEditor. This is a bit cumbersome, but I haven't tried anything else yet.

Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Errorspy Dec 14, 2004

take a look an Errorspy (
Maybe it will be useful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best way to revise files in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs