Mobile menu

(-2147417851): The server threw an exception.
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
German to Romanian
+ ...
Nov 30, 2004

winXp, Office XP, Trados

I have tried cleaning up a DOC file to update my memory and I am getting this message. It is a very large file, in a table, and I would really like to update my memory. Does anyone know what the cause might be?

P.S. I am still trying to find the problem. I think it's not the document, but the TM.

I think I've done something bad. :'(
I have opened Workbench and tried to import a text from an alignment project over an already existing memory. Did I destroy the memory? Is there any way I can fix it?

[Edited at 2004-11-30 15:03]

P.S. 2
I have now restarted the computer, and this time it works. Does anyone know what happenned there? (I hope I won't need that again, but just in case ...)

[Edited at 2004-11-30 15:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
English to German
+ ...
Communication between components Nov 30, 2004

Hi Eli,
A server exception is often caused by a communications error between different software components (either between various Trados components, or between Trados and other software, such as MS Office components). The fact that re-booting solved the issue would support this theory.

If the problem persists after re-booting, it's sometimes useful to (re-)register the software and/or to reorganise the TM.

I don't think the alignment import was the cause here.

Cheers, Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(-2147417851): The server threw an exception.

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs