ITtranslations
Seychelles
Local time: 09:48
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 1, 2004

Hello,
does anyone know why fonts get sometimes changed in Word when I use Trados? I use the brush to copy the format from the original sentence but is there another solution?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Formatting issue in Word Dec 1, 2004

Hi Eñaut,
This is usually caused by improper formatting of the source document. The issue has been discussed numerous times - use "styles" as a search criterion, or you may want to check two earlier threads discussing these issues:

Font Change... and Format Changes....
... See more
Hi Eñaut,
This is usually caused by improper formatting of the source document. The issue has been discussed numerous times - use "styles" as a search criterion, or you may want to check two earlier threads discussing these issues:

Font Change... and Format Changes....

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-12-01 17:56]
Collapse

ITtranslations
ITtranslations
Seychelles
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Dec 1, 2004

Thanks a lot,
I've tried to search "styles change", etc. but I havn't found anything. I'll have a look to the topics you mention.

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
A possible solution (works at least in TagEditor) Dec 2, 2004

Hello!

I have encountered just today the problem of the font change working in TagEditor (6.5.5) with a TM provided by a customer. Matches appeared in totally different font. I do not know whether the solution I found works in Word, but perhaps it is worth checking.

Open the TM in exclusive mode, click File/Setup, select the tab Fonts, and unckeck the box at the bottom, right (Translate into target default for all other fonts).

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Fonts in TagEditor Dec 2, 2004

Vesna Zivcic wrote:

I have encountered just today the problem of the font change working in TagEditor (6.5.5) with a TM provided by a customer. Matches appeared in totally different font.

Different font in TagEditor shouldn't be a problem at all. It's just a cosmetic issue. The actual font in the output document is determined by tags.

But in Word the problem does exist and, unfortunately, there is no easy solution.

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
You can also try Dec 2, 2004

matching the source and the target default font under the same tab. I just know that it worked in my case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font changes in Word with Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »