Import from External review
Thread poster: Eccella
Eccella
Eccella
Singapore
Local time: 19:32
Jul 23, 2014

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I am having problem when I import the files from external review for my Studio 2014 and 2011.

It keep coming up error:
Problem when merging content of segment 6.

The content for the the segment is as below:
Source: In all contours that could be imported or modified must lie in a plane that corresponds to a slice of the image stack.
Target: 在中,所有可导入或修改的所有轮廓必须位于同图像堆栈的一个�
... See more
Dear Sir/Mdm,

I am having problem when I import the files from external review for my Studio 2014 and 2011.

It keep coming up error:
Problem when merging content of segment 6.

The content for the the segment is as below:
Source: In all contours that could be imported or modified must lie in a plane that corresponds to a slice of the image stack.
Target: 在中,所有可导入或修改的所有轮廓必须位于同图像堆栈的一个切片相对应的一个平面内。

As a work around I have try to use SDL XLIFF Converter to MS Office, but the same error occurs.

Regards,
Eccella
Collapse

Eccella
Eccella
Singapore
TOPIC STARTER
bump Jul 23, 2014

anyone can help me to solve this? the file is rather big for me to copy and paste. Thank you.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:32
English
Generally... Jul 23, 2014

Ok, first of all here’s a quick explanation of the things that can go wrong in this process and this might help you to identify why this didn’t work.

1. If the review file is opened in an older version of Word then it will lose all the embedded xml we use to recognise the file (so, Word 2007 and above is recommended – DOCX only)
  2. If the reviewer opens the file you send them, or if y... See more

Ok, first of all here’s a quick explanation of the things that can go wrong in this process and this might help you to identify why this didn’t work.

1. If the review file is opened in an older version of Word then it will lose all the embedded xml we use to recognise the file (so, Word 2007 and above is recommended – DOCX only)
  2. If the reviewer opens the file you send them, or if you do this when it comes back, directly from your email client then the file is unlikely to behave as intended. I don’t know why, but I have come across this behaviour. So always save the file to the desktop (or the folder you want to keep it in) first and then open it to work on it.
  3. If you share Projects with another user by placing the Project files on a shared drive then the sdlproj file may have some of its information changed. So if you create the review file, then another user tries to bring the review file back in on another computer then it probably won’t import correctly.
  4. If the reviewer deletes or adds rows into the bilingual table then the file will not import.
  5. If the reviewer deletes the little red tags this may also cause a problem for you, either on import or when saving the target file at the end.
  6. If the reviewer adds hard returns into the rows.

The best thing I can suggest is that you try again (if you still have the original file the reviewer returned to you). There is no need to accept all the changes in Word as you can do this in Studio, and there is no need to rename the file (although maybe you can rename the original in case you need to go back to it).

If you can’t do this, or if it doesn't work, then try this:

• Create a new export for review file from your Project
  • Copy the contents of the target column from the one you received already (after accepting/rejecting all the changes in Word) over the target column of your new one
  • Update from external review with that one

Hopefully there will be enough information in here to help you get to the bottom of this one.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Eccella
Eccella
Singapore
TOPIC STARTER
fail :( Jul 23, 2014

I tried the method. In the end i just give up and try to import back in the exported file straight away. Despite not having touch the file it still come out with the same error.

When i use 2014 the method is successful but the xliff is not updated at all. The target segment is still empty. The translation is not in it at all but the conversion was said to be successful.

I have place the source and target segment again. This time i realise there is a hidden code of in
... See more
I tried the method. In the end i just give up and try to import back in the exported file straight away. Despite not having touch the file it still come out with the same error.

When i use 2014 the method is successful but the xliff is not updated at all. The target segment is still empty. The translation is not in it at all but the conversion was said to be successful.

I have place the source and target segment again. This time i realise there is a hidden code of in grey.

Is this preventing me from converting.

In all contours that could be imported or modified must lie in a plane that corresponds to a slice of the image stack.
在 中,所有可导入或修改的所有轮廓必须位于同图像堆栈的一个切片相对应的一个平面内。

Thank you.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Quick question Jul 23, 2014

Eccella wrote:

... when you say the target segment is still empty does this mean there was no translation in the target to begin with? You should make sure that the the target segments are populated before exporting for external review.

If this is the case try copying source to target for all segments first and then try again.

Regards

Paul

Eccella
Eccella
Singapore
TOPIC STARTER
Still Fail Jul 24, 2014

[/quote]

... when you say the target segment is still empty does this mean there was no translation in the target to begin with? You should make sure that the the target segments are populated before exporting for external review.

If this is the case try copying source to target for all segments first and then try again.
... See more
[/quote]

Regards

Paul [/quote]

These are the steps i took. Generate target translation, export for external review, translate only the first segment in MS word, then update external review.

It come up the error problem with merging content of segment 6. I do not understand why will there be a problem when the content of segment 6 is the same as the source.

Anyone knows the answer?

Regards,
Eccella
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Please send me... Jul 24, 2014

... the sdlxliff file you are trying to complete this exercise with and I'll take a look.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import from External review

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »