Thread poster: adrienneiii
adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 05:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 28, 2014

Hello, I'm trying to save my target document for review prior to my deadline tomorrow first thing, and I am getting an error message that I am unable to resolve!

I also got this message when I imported the document into Trados (Studio 2011), but I solved that by following this procedure:

http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4787.html

However, now t
... See more
Hello, I'm trying to save my target document for review prior to my deadline tomorrow first thing, and I am getting an error message that I am unable to resolve!

I also got this message when I imported the document into Trados (Studio 2011), but I solved that by following this procedure:

http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4787.html

However, now that I want to export the translation, the same procedure is not working, aaaargh!

I have tried changing the title to something very short (it was very long), but that has not worked either - same message. I also tried the old trick of running the original file through Trados again (using "never process hyperlinks") and using the TM (which took ages as this is a very long document), but again - same message.

I would appreciate your help so VERY MUCH!

[Edited at 2014-07-28 22:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-07-29 03:25 GMT]
Collapse

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 05:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Okay, solved it, but it was very hard work Jul 29, 2014

I saved the original Word 2007-12 doc as a 97-2004 one and repopulated the file. Pain in the backside with all the tags, but at least it's working. If anyone knows what is wrong with my original, I'm sure others (and maybe future me) will find the answer useful...

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SOLVED! Invalid URI: There is an invalid sequence in the string

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »